Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Roasted garlic mashed potatoes

pappymom

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 3:24 pm
Anyone have the recipe? Or any other good mashed potato recipe?

bebe3

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 3:43 pm
I don't have the roasted garlic recipe but you can boil some sliced potatoes, drain when tender. Then fry up some onions and mushrooms in margarine and add to the potatoes and mash together. Add in some rice milk or non dairy creamer for creamier potatoes. season with salt and pepper.
mmmmmm, now I'm hungry.

Lani22

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 4:40 pm
just roast some garlic in the oven with olive oil and add the roasted garlic when mashing the potatoes

MOE

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 4:44 pm
I like to bake my potatoes for mash instead of boiling.....so bake untill tender in a pot melt some marg or butter on a low heat I add sliced garlic, salt and white pepper,..while thats melting I peel baked potato and put in my ricer and drop the mash into the simmering warm pot then mix add a dash of nutmeg and im chillin

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 4:44 pm
sautee a head of garlic & 6 onions in some olive oil and add to the potatoes when you mash them ... I leave it chunky add some salt & black pepper and even garlic powder ...

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 4:49 pm
boil potatoes till overdone. mash with olive oil, salt and pepper. make sure the consistency is somewhat gooey. drop spoons onto cookie sheet or use a pastry bag to make cookie-sized globs. bake uncovered until golden brown on top.

I haven't met anyone who didn't like these.

sbs

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 5:44 pm
you take whole garlic cloves, slice off the top, spray with pam, or smear with oil, wrap in aluminum foil
roast at 400 for like an hour until very soft
when cool, squeeze the cloves and all the insides will come out mushy straight into regular mashed potatoes.

Starhavah

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:30 am
mummiedearest wrote:
boil potatoes till overdone. mash with olive oil, salt and pepper. make sure the consistency is somewhat gooey. drop spoons onto cookie sheet or use a pastry bag to make cookie-sized globs. bake uncovered until golden brown on top.

I haven't met anyone who didn't like these.

This sounds so cool. I have never heard of these. Do they come out like the inside of Twice Baked Potatoes?

Star Havah

Starhavah

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:33 am
sbs wrote:
you take whole garlic cloves, slice off the top, spray with pam, or smear with oil, wrap in aluminum foil
when cool, squeeze the cloves and all the insides will come out mushy straight into regular mashed potatoes.

No need to use olive oil or Pam. I never do. I do not cut off the top either. Just stick the entire head of garlic in the oven, 400 degrees for an hour. It comes out great.

Star Havah

fantabulous

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:39 am
How many potatoes to a head of garlic?

Which potatoes make this the creamiest?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:20 pm
don't know about the garlic but the creamiest potatoes come from good quality red potatoes.

sbs

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 1:47 pm
Starhavah wrote:
sbs wrote:

No need to use olive oil or Pam. I never do. I do not cut off the top either. Just stick the entire head of garlic in the oven, 400 degrees for an hour. It comes out great.

Star Havah

how do you squeeze out the garlic if the top is on, it must be very hard to peel after being baked, cuz it's so soft and mushy

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 2:21 pm
I have to say that this thread has inspired me to make mashed potatoes for Friday night dinner. I'm making the mushroom version from KBD Entertainment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes