Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Great plus size skirt and jacket set

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 6:12 pm
I was shopping today and passed a Catherine's store. Ive never gone in there before and did not like the look of anything they had in the window but went to see if maybe I could find a nice skirt anyway I was about to walk out not liking anything there at all when I found this gorgeous dark denim stretch skirt and there was also a matching zip up jacket. It was realy affordable compared to other similar things Ive bought before and looks so nice on. The skirt is 36.00 and the top is 42.00 . The skirt is also a perfect length, covers everything while sitting.

Im passing this on becuase its a perfect tznius outfit and would love to hear from other ppl if you find something nice in larger sizes and where to find it.

Here is the link. It looks MUCH BETTER in person so if you have a Catherines near you just go in to look http://catherines.charmingshop.....av=C1 and for the jacket http://catherines.charmingshop.....av=C1

Definitely something you might find in Boro Park for a LOT more money.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 7:49 pm
thanks for sharing.
I can't help but wonder, though.....
I thought in KJ you cannot wear denim. is that not so??

peanut butter

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 8:52 pm
what's KJ?

chavamom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 10:55 pm
peanut butter wrote:
what's KJ?

I'm guessing Kiryas Joel (though I have no idea if that is what the KJ in the OP's screenname means).

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 2:37 pm
Quote:
I thought in KJ you cannot wear denim. is that not so??

Smile Yes you arent supposed to wear denim if you live in KJ. there are a lot of women who wear very dark colored denims like this outfits color and get away with it. But I do wear all kinds of denim and also lots of other things women from KJ could never get away with becuase Im not Satmar (I'm Lubavitch) and I dont live in KJ proper I live in Monroe. Im not bound by any of their rules or minhagim.

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 2:39 pm
r u on shluchus there?

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 2:44 pm
Quote:
r u on shluchus there?

Not Officially Wink

(could you imagine what would happen if a shliach was sent to KJ? )

we definitely do have a shlichus here though.

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 3:18 pm
LOL Your right I didn't even think of that!! (no offense CV to any of you KJ'ers out there!)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 1:49 am
LOL... that's right, we shouldn't be wearing any denim stuff. although s/times I wish I could... not because it's more comfy.. but bec. forbidden water tastes sweet...
know what I mean?
and Yes KJ, stands for Kiryas Joel and that's the same thing in ambassador's name.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 12:46 pm
Quote:
... not because it's more comfy.. but bec. forbidden water tastes sweet...

Sevensenses... There are a lot of things that Satmar Women cannot do that most other Frum women can and I'm not talking about breaking "halachik" prohabitions, obviously I'm not doing an aveira by driving a car or wearing denim. Im just wondering how you were taught growing up. When educated about whats good and bad and what you are and arent allowed to do is there a differentiation made between what is minhag and halacha? from my impression it seems to me like it has to be very black and white here. like anything that goes against the "rules" is just as bad as maybe lets say doing a real aveira? I would like to hear your input on this, what you think.

lucky

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 1:07 pm
Driving is not even considered an aveira in KJ. It is just something the Satmar Rebbe Z"L asked us not to do. You also of course realize that not everyone in KJ fits into just one category.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 7:27 pm
Quote:
Driving is not even considered an aveira in KJ. It is just something the Satmar Rebbe Z"L asked us not to do. You also of course realize that not everyone in KJ fits into just one category.

As I said in my last post, obviously driving is not an aveira. My previous post was in no way meant to be disrespectful or ignorant. I practically live in KJ and have a tremendous amount of respect for the community and of course I know that there are many different types of people here. I asked sevensenses for her input on this question because she is Satmar and lives here. Not only that but I know her. I in general do not like to come to conclusions on my own about people and love to learn about ppl other than me to better understand them. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Quite different than someone I know who come to me and tells me how Frei Lubavitch is because she sees all the girls dressing in such an untznius manner (she is not a Satmar) I love the exchange of ideas and was just trying to learn a bit more about the chinuch here, it would not be a awful thing if we all understood eachother better.

roza

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 7:39 pm
how far is KJ from Monroe?

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 7:48 pm
KJ is in Monroe Smile

Like Crown Heights is in Brooklyn except monroe is much smaller than brooklyn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics