Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Any suggestions for a great diaper bag?
1  2  Next

Boys"R"Us

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:08 pm
There are so many different kinds/choices now... A lot more than when I had my last babies!

If anyone has a recommendation for a diaper bag that they found very functional, useful etc. I would love to see your suggestions!
TIA,

Debbie

GAMZu

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:28 pm
I'd love to know myself!
What I find important: it should be wider than tall, so nothing should jumble. It should have at least 2 full size compartments, and one of them should be on a zipper. And the strap should be long enough to hang on the stroller bar.

I've had a few different ones. One only had a flap closure, no zipper. Got my wallet stolen that way. The next one seemed great- 3 full size compartments, with more pockets in each one. One compartment was on a zipper, but 2 were on velcro and that was annoying. The handles were too short to hang on the stroller, and eventually one ripped.

I wish I'd find a perfect one!

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 1:15 am
I have this one

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/w.....20bag

from LLBean. It was on sale when I bought it though and my mom has a coupon so I didn't pay that much Very Happy

I really like it, but it's not g oing to be good if you have 3 in diapers and need an all day bag. I can easily fit in 3 cloth diapers (more bulky), my wallet stuff, etc (the front pouch is for mom stuff, key holder. It zippers closed and the flap goes over it). The main bag is more spacious than it looks, and it has a zipper pouch inside and lots of mesh pockets. There are 2 pockets on the ouside and even a zipper on the outside flap, perfect for putting just my key on Shabbos. I usualy keep in it 3 cloth diapers, a cover, a wet bag (it didn't come with one suprisingly) an outfit, socks, and I have started now shoving in pants & a jacket because we go out an it's warm and by the time we are coming home it might be chilly. I loop it over the handle of my stroller, but it's also comfortable to carry. There is also an open pouch on the back (closes with velcro) and I keep the changing pad & wipes back there. All in all I really like it.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 1:50 am
Looks nice! The types I've had were about 2 inches shorter and 3 inches wider. I love the many sections, though!

karen berzon

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 5:58 am
Petunia Picklebottom makes a great stroller bag. I got mine on their outlet site - I think it's petuniapicklebottomoutlet.com - if I'm wrong you can do a search on yahoo - they are having another sale - October 15-20. They sell seconds for half price. The site describes the possibility of what the "second" is. They have sales a few times a year

mamacita

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 7:47 am
Wouldn't it be great to be able to design a bag to your exact specifications??

I'd want a combo of ones I've seen:
* backpack & shoulder strap
* clips so it'll hang on different kinds of strollers (2 handles & bar handle)
* many compartments/pockets so I don't need to empty the whole thing to find something (which is always at the bottom and slightly crumby)
* special pocket to hold 2 bottles/sippy cups
* small cool bag area for snacks
* wet bag for icky things you need to carry around Smile
* changing mat
* convenient place for my stuff so I don't also need a purse (but not pickpocketable! Oy GAMZu!)
* less than $30 (lately I haven't seen decent ones for less than $50!)

* edited to add: the main compartment closes in some manner so your dc can't empty it by turning it over, or if you drop it, put it in the trunk, under your seat on a bus, etc

shopaholic

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 10:43 am
My Skip Hop Duo can hang on a 2 handle stroller or a stroller with a bar handle. It has many pockets. The shoulder strap has a padded piece so it doesn't hurt your shoulder. It has a cell phone pocket, diaper pockets, water bottle pocket & others. It costs $50 though.

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:54 pm
I have the skip hop duo double (for a twin stroller and two kids in diapers). I love it.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 2:13 pm
I never got the point of a wet-bag. Just stick some plastic bags into the diaper bag. After you carry around something icky, will you really want to wash and reuse the wet-bag?

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 1:07 am
GAMZu wrote:
I never got the point of a wet-bag. Just stick some plastic bags into the diaper bag. After you carry around something icky, will you really want to wash and reuse the wet-bag?

I use cloth diapers, so yeah, you can use plain grocery bags (I keep some shoved in an outside pocket for spares or if I have disposibles to throw away), but I find the wet bag keeps the smells in much better, and there are never little holes in it like sometimes in the grocery bags. I just wash the wet bag in the laundry with whatever load is going in and it's ready to go again. Mine is a good one though, it has 2 layers and a zipper shut, so nothing gets past it.

buzzinmom

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 2:20 pm
o no the petunia pickle bottom stiff is so cool now im hooked. first I couldnt choose a stroller and now I cant choose a diaper bag HELP!!!!!! Smile

cl

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 2:58 pm
those of u who have the skip-hop do u find it has enough pockets for a regular day out with 1 child n 4 ur stuff? I love how they look.
I love baby-bags that double up as a purse. I dont like the ones that scream Baby, if u know what I mean.
I love backpacks so I got myself a store's-own-brand one when my last baby was born but it started 2 rip and fray after a couple of months which was a shame. One gr8 feature it had was an insulated bottle compartment to keep the drink warm or cold.
I then got an expensive one, by OiOi, which looks gorgeous but it had only one main large compartment an one smaller one an once u put the bottle inside the bottle-warmer it comes with theres not so much space left. Plus its a stiff outer fabric so no stretch if u want to stuff in one extra thing.
I have to say im a bit disappointed with it so im now on the look-out 4 the next one Smile
And which Petunia Picklebottom bag is the best style?

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 3:24 pm
I use my diaper bag as my handbag too, and wear them out very quickly, always stuffing more and more in. I found that I'd rather pay about $10 for a big cheap bag (luckily they are in fashion now, in the UK anyway), and that way I dont feel bad replacing them every few months when they tear.

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:18 am
GAMZu wrote:

Ziploc makes these amazing "wet/dry" bags for clothing--sot so expensive and reusable. They're fantastic! I used them whenever I took my son swimming and we'd put our wet things in it....My parents took a pack to Israel this summer and used them all the time!

myboys

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:24 am
I have a skip-hop diaper bag and I love it. it has so many different dividers/storage areas. I have a place for everything (diapers/wipes/extra clothes/paci, etc..)

I dont really use it on a daily basis bc I usually just put a diaper and a snack in my purse - he's 18 months now. but its perfect for the day trips!!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:33 am
I got a new one from the Walmart website- if you want to look at it go to Walmart.com and search eastport baby diaper bag. I got the messenger style. So deep and roomy and with so many pockets, inside and out! It was $20. I think it's one of the best I've had so far.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:53 am
I love the ju-ju-be diaper bags. they have a bag for everyone. there are tons of different sizes and compartments. also everything has a light colored lining. they cost a fortune, but if you go to their website- people resell in their "pink room". the storksak also looks nice, but that's really a fortune. they look nice enough to use for other things too. if you want to read real life impressions of people who actually have these diaper bags & not just those that drool over them- head over to windsorpeak.com. someone over there has almost anything you might ever want or need (and also several thousand items you never would have thought of) & someone has written their impressions or review of it.

cl

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 3:52 pm
thx 4 the link. I will check it out Smile

avimom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 6:18 pm
I have the skip hop duo and I love it!! I got it as a gift, and I thought it was a waste of money at first. I would have returned it but it was personalized. Anyway, now that I have it, I would buy another in a second!! It holds everything I need for twoo kids, plus my wallet, phone, etc., so no handbag with it. It attaches to the stroller so you don't have to be busy with adjusting straps or stuffing your bag under, and it looks really nice. Wish they mde teaching bags so that I could bring it to work!

soulful music

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 10:53 pm
Any new suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics