Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum Contagiousum
1  2  Next

malky800

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:11 pm
Has anyone had a kid who had this molluscum? It's little pimples that look like blisters?
I went to a dermatologist who put blister cream and the pimples all popped and now 2 days later, they all had a whole bunch of tiny new pimples grew?
Is that normal? or did something go wrong?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:15 pm
Where are they located? My son had something on both his inner elbow areas when he was younger and the doctor always told me what they were, but I kept on forgetting the name. I think that's what she said. Anyway, she said to leave it and it will go away by itself. It did. I don't remember how old he was by the time it was all gone, but now he's almost 6 and it was quite awhile ago. He does have scars from it, but where it's located, it's no big deal.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:34 pm
Try putting globs of pure aloe vera or 99% in a bottle from the health food store. Put it on every night, and cover it so it seeps in. within a few days it will go away.

anonymom

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:57 pm
My son had them and I was told because of the sensitive area where they were located and the fact that they do go away on their own, not to treat them. They do go away after a couple of months. I tried not to share or reuse his towels to prevent spreading.

malky800

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:57 pm
They technically are supposed to go away by themselves, but it caused my daughter to develop ezema all over her body so it's time to get them removed.

anonymom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:11 am
My son who had the m.c. already had exzema. He gets it pretty bad every winter, so I wouldnt blame the m.c. You did not explain why you think the m.c. caused the exzema.

Off topic, but interesting: A dermatologist told me that certain traits often go together. (For example, red hair and freckles--dont argue if it's true or not I just made it up as an example.) He pointed out that my son who gets exzema has a crease under his eyes, and kids with exzema often have it. It has nothing to do with the exzema, just often people have both.

Do anyone's kids with exzema have the crease?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:03 pm
My older son has a molluscum which we're leaving alone for now (though it does appear to have grown), but no recurrence of the eczema he had as a baby, even though his brother has been having outbreaks...I see no connection.

ChavieK

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 2:16 pm
Some of my kids had them. Some were removed depending on where they were (in the old days ,ds is 22 ) but mostly they were left alone. They will go away on their own, but kids who have them tend to develop more of them until they finaly out grow it. I will now have to look at my kids & see if any have a crease, then try to remember which ones had them.

anonymom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:37 pm
ChavieK wrote:
Some of my kids had them. Some were removed depending on where they were (in the old days ,ds is 22 ) but mostly they were left alone. They will go away on their own, but kids who have them tend to develop more of them until they finaly out grow it. I will now have to look at my kids & see if any have a crease, then try to remember which ones had them.

Sorry if I was confusing. I meant there is a connection between the crease under the eye and exzema. Not the crease and molluscum cont.

Now this thread got me curious whether there is a corellation between exzema and molluscum, and also between the crease under the eye and molluscum.

Maybe we could start our own amother study. Does anyone know how to make a poll and calculate all this data? If each of us would answer the following for each child, maybe we could publish it.

For each child:

Does he/she have a crease under their eye?
Does he/she have exzema?
Does he/she have or once had molluscum contagiosum?

anonymom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:38 pm
I'll start:

5 children no to all 3
1 child yes to all 3

momtoesty

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:57 pm
All 3 of my children had Molloscum. One came home with it and the other caught it from eachother. For 2 of them I didn't do anythign and they went away on their own after a while. For my 3rd, she had it on her stomache and it was very itchy and they were constantly bleeding at night. So I took her to a dermatologist who gave me a cream and within a week they were gone.

ChavieK

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 6:03 pm
Only one of mine has exzema & he had loads of molluscums. I prob won't see him until shabbos to check on the crease. sorry I got confused

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 9:14 pm
This thread is so interesting.

My DD age 3-1/2 has both molloscum and excema - no crease though. My older two kids have not caught the MC from her. I am ready to see if we can get her mc treated b/c its getting really bad on her back.

anonymom

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 10:56 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
This thread is so interesting.

My DD age 3-1/2 has both molloscum and excema - no crease though. My older two kids have not caught the MC from her. I am ready to see if we can get her mc treated b/c its getting really bad on her back.

The more people reply, the more interesting it will be.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 7:44 am
My son has had these since the summer. We were told they need to be removed or they will keep producing themselves. We have had 2 removals, and they are still there. One son had a few and I saw them right away, they removed them and never came back, the other has been having relapses for months, and now I think I may have caught them....

canadamom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:43 pm
mollescum is a virus. if you smear on alchohol or grapefruit seed extract ( found in pharmacy) twice a day they dry up.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 9:59 pm
I was told to use clear iodine---I didn't see any results.

daisy

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:07 pm
My dd had this when she was 4. Some of them got infected, so I took her to a dermatologist; however, I was not comfortable using the medicine she recommended (forgot name of meds) and did not end up using it. We were also told she could wait it out and ended up doing that. It took about a year.

bubbles

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:09 pm
I think my 18 month old may have it. Does it look like little bubbles?
She has a few under her armpit. I am taking her to the dr tomorrow.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:54 pm
sounds like it, they do look like bubbles, sort of like soft warts.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics