Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum Contagiousum
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 8:56 am
dd has it. on her bottom. its really bad. im nervous she can spread it when she sits on the toilet.

canadamom- if you smear on alchohol or grapefruit seed extract ( found in pharmacy) twice a day they dry up.

would alcohol further agitate it? they are itchy and some of the bumps are really scary looking.

anyone else have any other advice on how to get rid of them, or get them to dry up?

Nicole

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 11:13 am
dd also has it on her bottom and thighs. We're leaving it alone for now. She also gets eczema behind her knee- has that now.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 11:49 am
Now to make this thread really interesting, quite a few of my kids had it for a pretty long time. I used a cream that I forgot the name of, but helped nothing. But then, a dr, a shuliach min hashamayim, suggested a oral med used for ulcers (don't recall that name either), that somehow sends these molluscums on vacation...

What should I tell ya, as skeptical as I was, they all took a vacation indeed, and left not a single scar behind. And to add, my kids had them primarily on the face, around the eyes, mouth, nose, etc.

mynameismom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 12:07 pm
molluscum are warts, at least thats what my dermatologist told me. One of my girls had them on her leg and when they started to spread we had them frozen off. He told me that they can be spread by contact.

BrachaC

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 12:15 pm
My kids all (3 girls) have this. The doctor said they can take up to a year (sometimes more) to go away on their own. He did not reccomend treating for it, especially in the summer because the ointment makes the skin more sensitive. He did say that if they spread to the face or "private" area then we should go to a dermatologist.

Aribenj

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 9:39 pm
my dd had them and at first the doc said to leave them alone and they would clear up on their own. well instead they spread all over her arms and stomach, so we went to a dermatologist who burned them off. (not a fun experience...)

I think a few of them are gone for good, but some of them are resilient and I think we have to go back and finish the job...

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 12:39 am
when they pop, the virus spreads. if they are bleeding, its a problem. Also kids with molluscum should not go swimming with other kids as the virus is very catchy.

Let kids take fast showers, and all should use separate towels to prevent spreading.

Children with excema Have higher risk at MC because their skin is open and susceptible to bacteria.

amother

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 10:34 pm
It's been awhile since anyone posted here. My two children have them behind their legs (and eczyma). Every few weeks one or more get infected and they have to go on oral antibiotucs. One doctor suggested I put tea tree oil on them but I see no difference. If anybody else has some advice please share.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 5:26 pm
Ds has had some on his fingers and under his lip for a few months. haven't been treating them and they haven't really been spreading.--he doesn't share towels with anyone and doesn't take a bath with his baby brother...
kind of look like warts to me--which is what I thought they were at first.

dalia1

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 7:21 pm
My son had dozens on his torso and arms. I was told by his doc to try clear nail polish or clearisil (pimple cream). They mostly dried out but it took about a year. He also has some scars left from it. Also, if it gets really bad, they can prescribe retin-A but from what I understand, if your pregnant you cant be exposed to it...good luck.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics