Home

Can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

Beauty and the Beast

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:04 pm       Post subject: can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?
I dont want it to go bad, and dont need to use it now, can I freeze it?

greenfire

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:11 pm       Post subject:
NO NO NO ...

make a stir fry filling for egg rolls - then maybe ...
NUTso but cute ~ things balance out Nervous

Mrs. XYZ

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:37 pm       Post subject: re: can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?
It depends what you want to do with it afterwards. You wont be able to use it for a salad or cole slaw. But maybe to fry it and use for "kraut lukshen" it might not be so bad.

goodheart

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:41 pm       Post subject: re: can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?
if u planning to make krout luckshin then I would saute it first with the spices and everything and the freeze it.

zufriedene

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:54 pm       Post subject: re: can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?
My veg man brings the produce once a week, I always freeze it and use it for soups, gedinzt with onions and shwarma or kraut lukshen its always delicious.

B'tzimtzim

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:55 pm       Post subject: re: can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?
I have done it and it's no problem as long as you cook it. Obviously don't expect to use it as salad, but for cooking you absolutely can't tell the difference.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Posted: Tue, Oct 07 2008, 11:04 am       Post subject: re: can I freeze a bag of shredded cabbage?
thanks for the answers! I will end up using it for kraut lokshen, so I hope it will be fine!

mamacita

Post Posted: Tue, Oct 07 2008, 12:57 pm       Post subject:
How long can cabbage stay in the freezer? Mine are wrapped in plastic and since dh bought waaaay too much I'd rather wait a bit before I make it again Razz
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1