Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I need ideas!!!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 8:20 pm
Help! I have an essay that is due before yom tov and I need ideas! here is my assignment.

Consider analyzing two traditions with which you are familiar. What is the significance of the traditions for people? Should the traditions continue? When you have a family of your own, will you continue the traditions; can you think of new ones?

This analysis, using comparison and contrast, is less of a personal paper

Nomad

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 9:19 pm
how about shabbos and kosher?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 9:36 pm
Talk about T’H! as much as I explain to my goyfriends, it gets more beautiful for me.

Points to ponder: when a wife goes to the mikvah, she is renewed to her dh as the kalah of his wedding night. Don’t we all want that in our marriage? How smart was hashem to command us to enforce a separation for desired results. Second point, conception is most likely to occur on that night too, how brilliant is that. New traditions to incorporate can be anything you desire!

costanza

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 9:44 pm
What about the shidduch scene and how the brokering/match making system works for parts of the Orthodox community. You can touch on the separation of the sexes from a young age, the significance of parental influence as well as society's norms and how they all play a part in this tradition. It really begins from a very young age and kids are raised knowing that they will have less than 100% control in the decision making process in finding their mates. It really does run contrary to what the rest of secular society practices in modern democracies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics