Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Best hair-coverings to cover all hair
Previous  1  2  3  Next

rachel19977

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:40 pm
Hmmm those stuff don't cover the back of the hair, where the neck hairs show.... So I wouldn't buy that.

Interesting site.. I didn't know those stuff existed!

Cow

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:38 am
Are the lemon caps still on sale in Israel? Where did you buy them?

rachel19977

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:41 am
I bought them n Rehovot chain store in Israel yesterday.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 5:42 am
rachel19977 wrote:
Hmmm those stuff don't cover the back of the hair, where the neck hairs show.... So I wouldn't buy that.

Interesting site.. I didn't know those stuff existed!

I wear them with a scarf hanging down that covers the neck hairs.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 7:31 am
I wouldn't want people to think I'm a French girl who converted to Islam personally.

pacifier

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 7:59 am
Ruchel wrote:
I wouldn't want people to think I'm a French girl who converted to Islam personally.

but it could be ths safest way to take the metro or go in some areas of paris and its suburbs. lol

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 8:07 am
pacifier wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

but it could be ths safest way to take the metro or go in some areas of paris and its suburbs. lol

true! I'll think of it if I have to go in bad places/metro stations. BH up to now I never had anything to do there...

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:11 am
Um, they don't look like a hijab. The underscarf covers my hairline, payos and the tops of my ears. I then tie a scarf over my hair, leaving the back dangling down. A 2" wide band of theunderscarf is visible in the front; it looks like a headband. My neck is left completely bare. Anyone who mistakes me for a Muslim would have to be very ignorant of how Muslim women dress.My tichel looks something like this

http://www.tznius.com/cgi-bin/butterfly.pl

Only with one scarf tied and the band from the underscarf sticking out in front.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:17 am
People are not all very knowledgeable. I tried tichels of that style but got looks or comments a la "ooooh, an ethnic hairdo!". I stopped.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:24 am
*shrugs* I never have. And, frankly, I don't really care if I do. I already do plenty of weird Jewish stuff, why not do some more?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:28 am
People don't comment on most things I do. They don't notice, or they're not surprised enough to mention it, or just a few words are enough to explain. Why I would want to wear the "ethnic hairdos" apparently was different. It would also attract unwanted attention from "ethnic" men, which I didn't need.

timeforsimcha

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:31 am
I wear two layers. First I put on "short Israeli snood." That seems to be what websites call it. I've only ever found it in ivory, black and navy blue. But that covers the basics for me. It's kind of tight and I can tuck a ponytail into it. It covers all of my hair except a bit at the neckline. It's not a flattering look, so unless it's for a dressy occasion, I wear a pretied bandana. I wear it over my ears so that just the bottom of the earlobe shows. I wear it half way down my forehead and the elastic bunches in the back so that between the bunching and the "ties," every strand is covered.

For shabbes or a chassona, I wear the "short Israeli snood" and square silk tichels that I've cut myself.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:35 am
timeforsimcha wrote:
I wear two layers. First I put on "short Israeli snood." That seems to be what websites call it. I've only ever found it in ivory, black and navy blue. But that covers the basics for me. It's kind of tight and I can tuck a ponytail into it. It covers all of my hair except a bit at the neckline. It's not a flattering look, so unless it's for a dressy occasion, I wear a pretied bandana. I wear it over my ears so that just the bottom of the earlobe shows. I wear it half way down my forehead and the elastic bunches in the back so that between the bunching and the "ties," every strand is covered.

For shabbes or a chassona, I wear the "short Israeli snood" and square silk tichels that I've cut myself.

This is what I do, only using hijab underscarves, which come in more colors.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:37 am
Ruchel wrote:
People don't comment on most things I do. They don't notice, or they're not surprised enough to mention it, or just a few words are enough to explain. Why I would want to wear the "ethnic hairdos" apparently was different. It would also attract unwanted attention from "ethnic" men, which I didn't need.

I don't get attention from strange men. Something about the look on my face says that their attentions are unwelcome.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:41 am
avigailmiriam wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

I don't get attention from strange men. Something about the look on my face says that their attentions are unwelcome.

Teach me. I got harassed even 3 days before I gave birth. Pervs Exploding anger

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:50 am
I don't know how to explain it. I just walk fast, staring straight ahead. I always have a book if I'm left waiting somewhere.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:52 am
Seraph, get crocheted ones with bands that have 2 elastics. The one near the forehead line you make tighter, and the one in front that goes over your ears is looser so it doesn't hurt the ears, but covers fully without sliding back.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 9:01 pm
I know this is an old thread, but I recently picked up a $10 fake cheapie pashmina in Target. Tied correctly, it covers absolutely everything and leaves these really pretty tails hanging down my back.

Inspired

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 11:51 pm
Tichel with a special snood underneath that has foam in the front.

rachel19977

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 11:58 am
Inspired wrote:
Tichel with a special snood underneath that has foam in the front.

Can you link me to that foam thing? I keep on hearing about it but don't' know what it is.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels