Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Petition, share and prayers please for twins

nechbroich

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 3:21 pm
I believe every Jewish mother needs to follow this link: http://www.change.org/en-GB/pe.....na-2. The sign the petition and share it. Please also read the mothers blog at helpbeth.org. These poor twins are being denied any motherly love - it is heartbreaking. This is not about choosing sides but fighting for a fair hearing for these boys and their future. Please please sign and share. Thank you.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 7:32 pm
While I agree that all children deserve their mother's love, these children are not deprived of love or care as her website claims. Their father adores them, as does the extended family.
There is obviously a reason the courts awarded the father custody.

Peanut2

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 8:24 pm
I really know very little about this, but what is the reason?

From what little I know this seems very strange and highly irregular.

The mother just posted that one of the children came with another tooth out and no explanation given, and the other child didn't show up, due to an unnamed illness, again with no explanation.

It is incredibly frightening to imagine that something like this can happen. Even if they should be with the father, shouldn't there be a clear explanation for that? There doesn't seem to be any. And explanations of how the kids are raised, by whom, and just what is going on. Again, I know very little, but what I know is frightening.

mazeltov

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 8:41 pm
When I click on the link to change.org, it says "We couldn't find the page you were looking for."

I don't know what this is about? Can someone elaborate, or provide a link that works?

Peanut2

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 9:11 pm
Helpbeth.org

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-n.....other

nechbroich

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 5:30 am
Even if the children are greatly adored by the father and the extended family, is it not utterly wrong that their MOTHER should be denied any explanations about why/when they are ill or having medical procedures. Even if they remain in their fathers custody, the mother should be able to know more about their lives - that is what the petition is about! Children NEED a mothers love as well as a fathers love, end of story.

Here is a link to the petition: http://www.change.org/en-GB/pe.....nna-2

tamara00

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 9:18 pm
This has been going on for a ridiculously long time. Why is she leaving this in the hands of the Jewish courts when everyone is closing ranks round her husband and no-one interested in helping her?

The BD has had their chance IMHO and she should be taking her case to the civil courts. She's in Europe. If she takes this outside the Jewish scene I'm sure she'll soon start seeing some results.

smilingmom

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 9:54 pm
If the story was exactly the same,but the genders changed, would we still be outraged?
We ask for gender equality and when it is meted out, we complain.

I am not directing my comments to this specific case, as I do not know all the facts, just making a general observation.

nechbroich

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 5:07 pm
I for one would be outraged also if it were the other way round.

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 5:53 pm
tamara00 wrote:
This has been going on for a ridiculously long time. Why is she leaving this in the hands of the Jewish courts when everyone is closing ranks round her husband and no-one interested in helping her?

The BD has had their chance IMHO and she should be taking her case to the civil courts. She's in Europe. If she takes this outside the Jewish scene I'm sure she'll soon start seeing some results.

AIUI, shes is not, and never has, left this in the hands of the Jewish courts. It was the Austrian court that denied her custody and visitation. Her ex-husband accused her of being mentally unstable and unable to care for the children, and the court apparently agreed. She claims that the report relied upon by the Court was baseless, and that the court and social services were prejudiced. She also claims that the children are not properly cared for.

I have no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong, but she certainly makes a strong argument.

The Jewish angle is that, well, she's Jewish. And she's a British woman in Austria, so it would be nice if she had some support of her community there.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 10:11 pm
nechbroich wrote:
I for one would be outraged also if it were the other way round.

I guess the divorced moms you know inform their ex every time a kid loses their tooth.

Or perhaps if the child is not feeling well enough to visit their father, they make sure to get medical docs.

When you are busy bringing up your kids without the benefit of a husband, it is difficult to call with news of loose teeth or colds.

Quote:

The mother just posted that one of the children came with another tooth out and no explanation given, and the other child didn't show up, due to an unnamed illness, again with no explanation.

It is incredibly frightening to imagine that something like this can happen. Even if they should be with the father, shouldn't there be a clear explanation for that? There doesn't seem to be any. And explanations of how the kids are raised, by whom, and just what is going on. Again, I know very little, but what I know is frightening.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed