Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing stored away clothing

e1234

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 9:16 am
I have a plastic machsan (shed) to store away clothing that my kids are not currently wearing.
(I have 3 girls so it is very helpful to save in between)
my problem is I have each one in a labeled bag (or 2 or 3) with size and season.
then I throw it in my machsan which is a big mess full of bags of clothing.
I can't really put up shelves as it's plastic.
any suggestions on how I can order it. It's a huge job to find anything as it's such a mess.

zigi

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 9:19 am
how about plastic bins that you can stack up label the front of the box so you can easily see what you have

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 9:19 am
2 things - 1) can you buy free standing metal shelves? 2) Buy colored electrical or duct tape and label bags by color - ie red=0-6 mths, blue=6-12 months and so on. Cheap and easy to see.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:13 am
Big plastic bins are great! I use one for each season. By the time the next year comes around again, I take out the bin and go through it-best thing.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:17 am
Before I used huge Rubbermaid containers, G-d bless their inventor, I just used moving boxes. Each one was labeled with size and season and I never had trouble finding my stuff. I did get lazy occasionally and throw things into a huge bag, but with time moved the stuff to a box.
I was so happy when #4 was my last, to finally be getting rid of boxes year after year, passing baby and toddler clothes on to a gemach. It all ground to an abrupt halt when I got pg with #5, and #4 was 4-ish. I saved the clothes from then on, for #5. At long last, B"H, #5 is getting into those clothes which means I can get back to gemaching at the end of each season. Ah mechayeh. I have to decide what to put in those big Rubbermaids once I empty them Very Happy

e1234

Post Fri, Oct 24 2008, 12:43 am
are the rubermaids really worth buying? they are expensive?
I don't even have boxes - it's just all one big mess of bags. (and some of the sizes multiple bags)

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 24 2008, 1:12 am
I bought them in the U.S. One day, after Pesach of 2003, I said: NOW is the time to get really organized. We were going to Israel for the summer, #2 DS bar mitzva and I was thinking, maybe THIS will be the time that DH gets a job in Israel and we will move. So that was the beginning of my preps.
Turned out to be a good thing, cause we moved and everything was a balagan, except for the neatly packed clothes.
I don't know that I would spend so much on them here in Israel. There are boxes at the super, or if you can find an oleh family with good boxes, that's a source as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics