Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do Teshuva, Mashiach's on His Way!
1  2  Next

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:48 am
Below is an email I received:
--------------------------

1. Bircat HaHamah - The Blessing on the Sun - Once every 28 years

Since creation, there was only two times that the year we say Birkat HaHamah fell out on the 1st Day of Passover.
The first was the year Hashem redeemed Israel form Egypt.
The second was the year of Purim, when Hashem saved the Jews from the evil Haman, who wanted to kill and destroy all Jews.
This year Birkat HaHamah falls out on the 1st Day of Passover (which will be the 3rd time in history).
When it was told to Hacham Ovadia Yosef, that this year Birkat HaHamah falls out on the 1st Day of Passover, he started crying like a baby.

2. Chofetz Chaim in a Dream to His Student

Recently the Chofetz Chaim came to one of his last living students in a dream several times and said that Mashiach is born. When this was told to Rabbi Elya Svei, he said he knew about this for over ten years.

3. Rabbi Elya Svei Mashiach 2009, told to him from his Rebbe, Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman

In 2004 at a funeral of a Rebbe of Mirrer Yeshiva, Rabbi Elya Svei said that Mashiach is coming in 2009. He said it was told to him and calculated by his Rebbe, Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman, who was the top student of the Chofetz Chaim. Incidentally, Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman wrote books and spoke about the timing of Maschiach being comparable to a pregnant lady in her 9th month, which at any moment can give birth. Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman was murdered in the Holocaust, over 70 years ago, so in his times if Mashiach was so close, how much more so in our times more than 70 years later.

4. The Collapse of the Stock Market, Wall Street, Financial Markets, Housing Markets, Mortgage Markets, Insurance Markets, Real Estate Markets
Bear Sterns, Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merill Lynch, Wachovia, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Washington Mutual, Goldman Sachs
And surely MORE to come.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average broke 8000 and dropped to a low of 7882

5. The Iran dictator (Yemah Shemo) declaring he wants to wipe Israel off the globe and definitely has Nuclear Weapons.

Since Hashem sent us a very good President George Bush, who is a true friend of Israel and who has shown that he want to eradicate terrorists, the Iranian Animal is petrified to start with Israel, but with this year's election of a new President, who know what can happen.

6. Barak Obama as President

He's young and inexperienced and his loyalty and friendship to Israel is questionable.
With all that is going on with our economy and global ma rkets, in addition to Obama's liberal viewpoints, it seems very dangerous to have him as a commander in chief.

7. Iceland & Greenland Ice Packs

Iceland and Greenland is mostly comprised of ice. Scientists discovered that due to Global Warming, the shrinking of the Ozone Layer and the change in weather patterns, the ice packs in these two countries are starting to melt. They predict that in 5 to 10 years it will fully melt and the water (melted ice) would be added to the worlds oceans. This extra water would increase sea level around the globe by 20 feet.
Basically all homes, buildings etc, that are built on locations that are at sea level (which is a good portion of society), will be under water. Hashem promised NEVER to bring a Mabul (flood) again. If this is set to take place, then Mashiach, must come before this happens.

8. Brisker Rav

The Brisker Rav said during the Holocaust that within 70 years Mashiach will come. 2009 is the 70th year.

9. Rabbi Elya Ber Wachtfogel said this past Yom Kippur 2008 was the last Yom Kippur. He's been telling everyone to do Teshuva before Mashiach comes.

10. Rav Chaim Kanievsky

Chazon Ish (his Grandfather) and Rav Shach (one of his Rabbis) came to Rav Chaim Kanievsky in a dream and both told him to tell everyone to do Teshuva in order to get ready for Mashiach, who is coming very soon.

Its time to do TESHUVA!!!!!
The Chofetz Chaim said that people who are not worthy won't even realize that Mashiach is here and whats going on. ***(please see my personal note below)
We MUST ALL do Teshuva and "come close" to Hashem.
Send this to all the Jews you know.
We need Mashiach desperately.

-------------------------------
***When I read this line, I was reminded of a story someone very close to me told recently. I will attempt to retell it, I hope I don't mess it up.

A rebbe was sitting in his office when one of his students rushed in crying, "Rebbe! Rebbe! Mashiach is here!" The rebbe stood up from his chair, walked over to the window, opened it, stuck his nose out, sniffed the air and said, "No, my student, Mashiach is not here."

The Lubavitcher Rebbe,obm, notes that this is an awfully strange story. Why did the rebbe get up and have to open the window and take a whiff of the outside air in order to declare that Mashiach had not yet come?

Well, for that rebbe, in his office, where he was, Mashiach was ALREADY there!!! Long before the student had even gotten there, Mashiach was already there for the rebbe. But when the rebbe took a peek outside and took in the air he saw that Mashiach was not there for everyone else quite yet.

Point is, MASHIACH is a state of mind. Let's do what we can do make it a reality for all mankind.

OKAY, your thoughts? Anyone else get the email?

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:58 am
Great thread hotmama...! Thanks so much..

The Lubavitcher Rebbe said that the geulah is here...we need only open our eyes. And that our last task is to greet Moshiach..

I especially thought this was interesting:

Quote:
1. Bircat HaHamah - The Blessing on the Sun - Once every 28 years

Since creation, there was only two times that the year we say Birkat HaHamah fell out on the 1st Day of Passover.
The second was the year of Purim, when Hashem saved the Jews from the evil Haman, who wanted to kill and destroy all Jews.
This year Birkat HaHamah falls out on the 1st Day of Passover (which will be the 3rd time in history).
When it was told to Hacham Ovadia Yosef, that this year Birkat HaHamah falls out on the 1st Day of Passover, he started crying like a baby.

mamacita

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:45 am
I'm pretty sure that even if the ice caps are melting (I've seen some scientific studies that show some are shrinking and some are actually growing) the flood it would cause still wouldn't be considered a mabul since it wouldnt' cover the whole earth, but even by the most dramatic predictors, only affect a few miles into the coasts.

naming dates for the coming of Moshiach makes me nervous. Yes I expect him to come tonight, iy"H I'd be ready, but proclaiming that he has to come in 2009 is too specific and I thought not allowed.

Motek

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 11:41 am
hotmama wrote:

This is factually incorrect (though widely repeated).

Re the two points from R' Elya Svei - I'd like to know the source of the statements. R' Zohn was interviewed in Mishpacha magazine about his dream of the Chofetz Chaim. I haven't heard or read any news item about R' Elya Svei in ages, certainly not about Moshiach.

Quote:
Chazon Ish (his Grandfather) and Rav Shach (one of his Rabbis) came to Rav Chaim Kanievsky in a dream and both told him to tell everyone to do Teshuva in order to get ready for Mashiach, who is coming very soon.

What is the source of this story? How come it wasn't reported in Mishpacha as they reported and interviewed R' Shachna Zohn?

biz120

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 11:59 am
I've heard several things too.
Whenever I think about it, I get totally frieked out.
Like, im not ready yet. As in, spiritually.
And I can't stop thinking about techiyas hameisim and e/t.
I just tell myself to stop thinking about it, and continue working on myself.
A/o else? Or am I the only wierd one here?

Clarissa

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:01 pm
I find it interesting that this piece had two items next to each other -- one was to vote against the Democratic candidate (not to vote FOR someone, but to vote against someone) and the next was to express concern over global warming. Seems contradictory, in my opinion.

I also like the way the thing about Obama mentions the fact that he's young. What about being old? Really old, so that when you're making speeches, you fudge your words to the point that you say a really, really bad word?

Turns out even doing teshuva and bringing the Moshiach has a partisan bent.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:17 pm
Unfortunately often dates have been given, people have been named... and they all passed/died and nothing happened.

Quote:
The Brisker Rav said during the Holocaust that within 70 years Mashiach will come. 2009 is the 70th year.

I don't get this. Isn't WW2 1939-1945?

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 10:29 pm
Hi, people. I didn't write this (except for the note at the end). Don't know the sources, don't know if I even agree with/believe all of it. It was emailed to me and I thought I'd share. Very Happy

Jacoby

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 11:08 pm
Motek,
How do you factually know that its not true about Birchas hachama happening twice at those times on the first day of Pesach?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 11:12 pm
Intesting. I keep hearing more and more things like the bread will be very expensive, the economy will be terrible...every day I hear another thing why moshiach is almost here.

TheBeinoni

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:30 am
About the prices going up, that is in a gemara, if I'm not mistaken where they speak of acharit hayamim and the price of flour and wine (??? someone correct me if I'm wrong) going up. There are many other proofs like that from tanach and gemara. Watch www.gog-u-magog.com, it's all about that stuff!

And about the whole Mashiach's almost here thing...do you ever wonder if maybe he IS here already and we are just MISSING it?!?!?!!! Scratching Head

mimivan

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:41 am
hotmama wrote:
About the prices going up, that is in a gemara, if I'm not mistaken where they speak of acharit hayamim and the price of flour and wine (??? someone correct me if I'm wrong) going up. There are many other proofs like that from tanach and gemara. Watch www.gog-u-magog.com, it's all about that stuff!

And about the whole Mashiach's almost here thing...do you ever wonder if maybe he IS here already and we are just MISSING it?!?!?!!! Scratching Head

Thumbs Up Yes
Yes, the Lubavitcher Rebbe said the geulah is here...we only need to open our eyes!

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:43 am
hotmama wrote:

Well in every generation there is a person who could potentially be the Moshiach, if we are worthy. If we aren't he dies and we just go on like we have been.

I do think it is the end of times now, of course others have thought so in various other generation. I'm not tied to a date (I've heard this year by Pesach. I've heard so many stories).

But shouldn't we be doing tsuvah to BRING the Mosiach always? Every step one takes to making oneself and the world a better place is a step toward the Moshiach, even if the individual doesn't merit to receive the Moshiach him/herself, but must wait to be resurected.

TheBeinoni

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:48 am
HindaRochel wrote:

But shouldn't we be doing tsuvah to BRING the Mosiach always? Every step one takes to making oneself and the world a better place is a step toward the Moshiach, even if the individual doesn't merit to receive the Moshiach him/herself, but must wait to be resurected.

That's the whole point - whether you believe, think, feel, or know that Mashiach is around the corner OR even here already at this very moment, we must be working hard in order to truly SEE it coming and make it a tangible reality.

StrongIma

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 2:46 am
yes, I think we've all heard these as well as other stories of dreams, prophecies, etc. (Have you heard about the Baba Sali's clock?)
Personally, I believe the Lubavicher's Rebbe's prophecy more than everything else that the Moshiach is already here and we only need to open up our (too-gashimyus-dik) eyes to see it clearly, and truly we do see the overwhelming affluence available in today's world and the slow evening out between the "have's" and the "don't-have's".

In any case, as far as this is concerned:
hotmama wrote:
all homes, buildings etc, that are built on locations that are at sea level (which is a good portion of society), will be under water. Hashem promised NEVER to bring a Mabul (flood) again.

the promise was not to destroy the entire world again. However, flooding even a large portion of the world's population (if this is indeed true) wouldn't be included in this promise.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 3:55 am
We got a flier in our mailbox over sukkot about how mosiach is coming and we should do tshuva.

It had all kinds of outrageous predictions including that all American Jews should make aliya before all of North America is underwater. But my favorite was the prediction that Yigal Amir would be the minister of defense.

Doing tshuva is great...but these statements always come with their own agendas.

HooRYou

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 4:08 am
Quote:
But my favorite was the prediction that Yigal Amir would be the minister of defense.

What does this have to do with Moshiach? Besides if Moshiach is really here would we need a minister of defense?

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:47 am
I've heard other things.

1 I heard that the value of money will go down drastically,

2 I heard that a king from a country that has a semel of a bear will get up and rule the world making life for 9 months really hard for the yidden.

3 I heard that iran will attack the whole world and 3/4 of theowrld will be destroyed including iran but EY will be saved.

4. I also heard that by teh time mashiach comes there will only be 1/4 yidden alive.

5. I also heard that EY will have to go back to the arabs before mashiach comes. and the arabs will give EY over to mashiach

6. I heard that when hoshana rabba falls on friday like will be this year, there will be a huge atom bomb explosian and whoever sat in the sukka will be saved.

mandksima

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:53 am
miriamnechama wrote:
I've heard other things.

1 I heard that the value of money will go down drastically,

2 I heard that a king from a country that has a semel of a bear will get up and rule the world making life for 9 months really hard for the yidden.

3 I heard that iran will attack the whole world and 3/4 of theowrld will be destroyed including iran but EY will be saved.

4. I also heard that by teh time mashiach comes there will only be 1/4 yidden alive.

5. I also heard that EY will have to go back to the arabs before mashiach comes. and the arabs will give EY over to mashiach

6. I heard that when hoshana rabba falls on friday like will be this year, there will be a huge atom bomb explosian and whoever sat in the sukka will be saved.

These things really scare me. There are so few yidden anyway, how could so many disappear? Does that include all of the tribes that were lost over the years? So many have Jewish ancestry that don't know about it, how can they do teshuva anyway? Were these things heard from reputable sources, MiriamNechama?

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:58 am
I've heard them over the years. my dad has quoted me sources from gemara but I wouldn'tknow where...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics