Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you make your bed?
1  2  3  4  Next

Do you make your bed?
Every day  
 43%  [ 79 ]
Almost every day  
 21%  [ 40 ]
Never  
 33%  [ 61 ]
Never, but I make my kids do theirs  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 182

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:07 pm
I was wondering how many of you make your beds? I'm moving into a new home and hoping to make this a habit once I'm there...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:09 pm
I used to, then I got married.

As a single, every day my bed was made, but then when married and you make your bed and dh's still looks terrible,w hat are you supposed to do? Make his? He won't make his own.

bebe3

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:11 pm
Part of my morning routine is to go around making all the beds. My kids are so used to having their beds made that shabbos morning when I take a break from it, they come in and do it themselves. It makes the room look so much neater.

pecan

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:13 pm
As soon as I get out of bed I make my bed and my husband's. I always make his bed in the 8 1/2 years we're married. My mother told me it's part of the kesuba contract - that I should make my husband's bed. I skip my kids top of the bunkbed and tidy up the rest.

freidasima

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:19 pm
"Making beds" is a misnomer. I'm not talking about putting on a bedspread and cover here, just taking the quilt and straightening it, straightening the sheet, fluffing the pillowcase etc. It's no big deal, as soon as I get up and say modeh ani and do negel vasser I lift my quilt and pull the sheet, straighten and fold the quilt and plump the pillows. Then I go around to Dh's bed and do the same. I don't leave the room before the beds look neat. No big deal. Total amount of work, 60 seconds. Makes all the difference when one walks into the room.

I taught the kids to do the same. Do you think I succeeded? Not with a single one. These days when I go into our chayal's corner if he left early and I didn't get up what do I see? His pjs bunched up near the pillow and the quilt rolled up somewhere near the wall. I straighten it up. He doesn't thank me but he doesn't get upset. What do I see when I go into the girls' room? Junk all over the bed. Do I touch it? Do you think I have a death wish? Tried it a few times and got my head handed to me (see the thread about giving kids privacy). And we are talking about girls who are 22 and 24 get it?

Oldest dd can make her husband's bed, or not, she never made her own. Oldest ds is marrying a lovely girl. I hope that she makes her bed. Then maybe she can make her husbands. Actually oldest ds is the only one who would even straighten up his bed. He is totally absentminded but would leave his bed ok usually. Today as he still lives in yeshiva most of the time, his bed is a pullout under the chayals. So he makes it and puts it back before he leaves.

Make your beds ladies. But don't believe that the example will sink into your kids. Some are just natural slobs.
They get it "from the other side" always, OF COURSE Twisted Evil

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:24 pm
My dh used to make my bed. Now it's just a mess. Dd comes to play on the beds anyway in the evening, so why bother LOL

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:26 pm
If I admit who I am Ill never live it down. Why make your bed? It only gets messed up again as soon as you get in, right?

Yes I know I'm a big slob. Lucky for me you'd never know what a mess my room is. DH only complains occasionally. Smart guy or he'd be cleaning it. Wink

bubby

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:29 pm
Even as a child I had a problem with making my bed, even though I like a neat bed. This needs heavy duty therapy, right? Something must have traumatized me when I was a baby Rolling Eyes

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:30 pm
I make all the beds before I daven in the morning. It makes a neat apprearance.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 1:11 pm
If I don't, my husband does. He usually does it more than me. Very Happy

Lilkingdom

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 1:14 pm
First thing every morning is making the beds. I can't stand a messy house and unmade beds are really messy.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 1:36 pm
even if I am running late, and have to get ds onto the van in the morning, I make the beds first. It is an automatic thing by me, and I cannot NOT make the beds!

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 1:52 pm
I try to but make sure my kids to theirs

SuperMama

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 3:54 pm
Everyday. How can you not make your bed???

chanagital

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 3:59 pm
I admit I don't make my bed or anyone elses... in fact there are times I admit there aren't even sheets on our beds my dh and kids are restless sleepers they take the sheets off when they sleep anywaz so why bother. We just put blankets on top and that is how we sleep. I spend more time putting cloths and toys away... it is also a losing battle lots of times but at least it isn't an over night battle.

Last edited by chanagital on Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:00 pm
yay! I can proudly say I made my bed (today). LOL

itsme

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:02 pm
we make our beds everyday. the room has a neater look. even in a rush to work ill do 'em.
I try to teach my 3 yo to do hers

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:10 pm
I was sleeping in my mother's bed when I was visiting ... she makes the bed on top of me ... Nervous shock

now you forgot to list "other" as an option ... I make my bed neat before I sleep cause it's more cozy that way ... no upsidebottom blanket issues ... Mr. Green

Imawoman

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:23 pm
Sometimes if I feel like impressing DH I will make our respective beds and tidy up, but more often than not - nope. It's better this way because when I actually do fix our beds - it makes him so happy! Smile

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:33 pm
I can't get dressed before I make my bed. It's part of my morning routine and I can't imagine having an unmade bed. It's the difference between a messy room and a neat room.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry