Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you make your bed?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Do you make your bed?
Every day  
 43%  [ 79 ]
Almost every day  
 21%  [ 40 ]
Never  
 33%  [ 61 ]
Never, but I make my kids do theirs  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 182

freidasima

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:47 pm
Chanagitel let me get this right, you folks sleep without sheets?

happymom

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:53 pm
I make my bed and my kids bes/cribs look really neat every day

supermama2

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:55 pm
I make them almost every day unless something else is pressing right that moment then I usually make them later in the day. Why do I bother to make them later in the day? I don't know.. LOL

SuperMama

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 5:05 pm
I'm sorry I just don't undertsand this. 21 people don't make their beds? WHAT IS GOING ON???

girlchick

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 5:39 pm
Yes, I make the beds. This reminds me of the "do you shower/bathe" threads.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 6:12 pm
Maybe I'm naive but this is the first time I'm hearing that people don't make their beds. I've NEVER EVER heard this b4. And my kids have to do theirs as well even if it means missing their school bus. It's part of the daily routine.

mc'cutie

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 8:57 pm
First thing in the morning I make the beds, first mine then Dh's. Even on Shabbos after our nap I always make them. Cant stand going to sleep in an unmade bed.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:04 pm
freidasima wrote:
Chanagitel let me get this right, you folks sleep without sheets?

that happened to me just before yom tov ... washed the sheets ... never got a chance to put them on and was soooooooooooo exhausted ... I managed a pillowcase - and slept between 2 blankets ...

red sea

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 10:14 pm
So who is the one hypocrite that never makes their bed yet insists their kids do, fess up, we need to whip you into shape. And where is the choice for on rare occasions?

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 10:23 pm
girlchick wrote:
Yes, I make the beds. This reminds me of the "do you shower/bathe" threads.

shock How can you compare the two? One is a hygiene issue, the other a neatness issue.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
If I admit who I am Ill never live it down. Why make your bed? It only gets messed up again as soon as you get in, right?

Yes I know I'm a big slob. Lucky for me you'd never know what a mess my room is. DH only complains occasionally. Smart guy or he'd be cleaning it. Wink

LOL!!! I could have posted this lol

Starhavah

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:11 am
I make our bed only when I change the sheets. DD loves a neat bed though and makes hers about once a week when her room is a mess and everyday or two when her room is generally neater. She loves making DH's and my bed though and does so about once a month as a surprise.

Star Havah

momto7

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:14 am
I straighten the rooms every day and each of my kids need to pick up their stuff and make their beds before they go to school. It started to get out of hand recently and they werent doing it. The consequence is helping me tidy or organize a different area in the house. I'm a neat freak. and guess what the kids love the house when it's clean and they're comfortable bringing friends home. The husband couldn't care less either way.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:20 am
chanagital wrote:
I admit I don't make my bed or anyone elses... in fact there are times I admit there aren't even sheets on our beds my dh and kids are restless sleepers they take the sheets off when they sleep anywaz so why bother. We just put blankets on top and that is how we sleep. I spend more time putting cloths and toys away... it is also a losing battle lots of times but at least it isn't an over night battle.

There are those suspenders kind of thing for sheets. It's excellent for sheets that don't stay put on the mattress or for restless sleepers. Try it and you'll see that it'll be a cinch for you to make the beds daily as you'd only have to fold the pjs and straighten out the pillows and blankets. The room would look tidy and need and you'd feel organized and good in less than a minute of work.

HooRYou

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:21 am
I can relate to Chanagitel since I was like this most of my life. I would go to sleep with sheets, blankets and pillows on my bed each night and wake up in the morning with none of the above on the bed. It made me really hate making my bed since it didn't seem to matter how hard I tried (or even what products I used that said they keep sheets from slipping off of the bed) I still woke up each morning alone, clining to the edge of an empty bed (well rested though). I still ahte making the bed and when I do it it is a minimal effort project.

momto7

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:26 am
by the way, I need some good ideas of where to put blankets from bottom beds. Dont like them piled up on the top bed. I've got three extra blankets needing a space to be out of sight all day.
Anyone?

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:29 am
There's a saying "The way you go to sleep, that's how you wake up". If you go to sleep in an unmade bed and messy room, your mood the next morning matches up with that.

That's why (because of "The way you go to sleep, that's how you wake up") it's good to read something nice or learn some Torah thoughts before going to bed, especially, men and boys.

Last edited by Besiyata Dishmaya on Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

HooRYou

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:34 am
Now I understand why I go to sleep exhausted and wake up the same way.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 7:50 am
unless my maids are off... embarrassed

alisa

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 8:11 am
I will make my bds EVERY day. Even Motse shabbes when shabbes is out late. In case I didn't make them through the day, I will make them before I go to bed...
Yes, you can say Meshuga Wink
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry