Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you make your bed?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Do you make your bed?
Every day  
 43%  [ 79 ]
Almost every day  
 21%  [ 40 ]
Never  
 33%  [ 61 ]
Never, but I make my kids do theirs  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 182

MrsLeo

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 1:45 pm
My husband makes his bed and its my bed that stays unmade until either he makes it or asks me to make it. embarrassed He's also the one that clears of all the junk from the dining room table and sets the table on friday.

Tefila

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 1:49 pm
Neh it's beneath my highnesses dignity ! C'mon don't you have those latest on the market push buttons robots that spread the bedding themselves I must warn you it's still in it's early stages needs perfecting....................................

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:03 pm
HooRYou wrote:
Now I understand why I go to sleep exhausted and wake up the same way.

hehe, same here!

octopus

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:21 pm
during my neat sprees I make the beds. During my messy sprees I won't.

raspberry tea

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 3:35 pm
Once in a while I'll make mine. But, I do make my husbands everyday!

goodheart

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 4:15 pm
everyday its automatic . my dh once woke up to go bathroom I thought he left the house
so I got out of my bed to make his bed he came back in to the room he wanted to know
why I made his bed already .

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 4:34 pm
goodheart wrote:
everyday its automatic . my dh once woke up to go bathroom I thought he left the house
so I got out of my bed to make his bed he came back in to the room he wanted to know
why I made his bed already .

Confused every day??

Fabulous

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 4:47 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
My husband makes his bed and its my bed that stays unmade until either he makes it or asks me to make it. embarrassed He's also the one that clears of all the junk from the dining room table and sets the table on friday.

Wow!! Could he have a talk with my dh. I sometimes feel like I'm his mother and cleaning lady in one.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:20 pm
Capitalchick wrote:
I was wondering how many of you make your beds? I'm moving into a new home and hoping to make this a habit once I'm there...

I make my bed everyday it gives you a good feeling when going to bed on a neat setup bed rather then a messy bed , especially if your married ou want to make sure your room is always neat and clean ,Sleep is very importand and having a comfortable clean neat bed to go to makes life much happier Smile

Riki12345

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:
I make my bed everyday it gives you a good feeling when going to bed on a neat setup bed rather then a messy bed , especially if your married ou want to make sure your room is always neat and clean ,Sleep is very importand and having a comfortable clean neat bed to go to makes life much happier Smile

Welcome to Imamother Salut

This thread is from 2008

giselle

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:30 pm
Do people actually not make their beds? Scratching Head

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:54 pm
When I wasn't working then I did. But now I make it 7:30 PM
Lol

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:56 pm
When I was working I never made it, in retirement I make it every day. Sometimes if I nap in the afternoon I will not made it a second time.

ETA: When I was raising kids either my husband or I would make it, just to set a good example.

giselle

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
When I wasn't working then I did. But now I make it 7:30 PM
Lol

Yes there are times I don't get to make it til I get home but didn't realize ppl don't make their beds... I've left dishes in the sink just can't imagine getting into a bed that isn't made

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:03 pm
giselle wrote:
Yes there are times I don't get to make it til I get home but didn't realize ppl don't make their beds... I've left dishes in the sink just can't imagine getting into a bed that isn't made

And that is why there are more flavors than vanilla.

Some people are bothered by unmade beds others by dishes in sinks. Does it even matter that folks view these tasks differently?

giselle

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:07 pm
Promise not judging just didn't realize it was a thing! Time to come out of my cave ...

animeme

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:14 pm
I made mine regularly when I was in a dorm and in high school because it was my primary place to hang out, study and host friends. Now, I don't like to. I have to unmake it to get the blankets all bunched up around me the way I like, and I don't need the surface for anything during the day.

Seriously

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:39 pm
giselle wrote:

Do people actually MAKE their beds?
Not I!
Ok maybe once or twice a month when I'm doing a big cleanup. Cleaning lady does it once a week

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:45 pm
giselle wrote:

I work and decided it's not important enough for me. My priority is trying to keep the house and laundry clean and hot supper right when we home. Bed linens washed and changed weekly the clean is more important to me.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 8:49 pm
giselle wrote:

I've never made my bed in my life and don't plan on ever doing it. I don't see the point.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry