Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Post your chicken made in the skillet recipes

Dev80

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:14 pm
So...I have this onion chicken I make that has the most amazing consistency when made in the skillet, it's just so soft it like falls apart in your mouth! yum! Smile

Does anyone have other skillet chickens (edited to ad: bone in) that they make that come out soft? I'd love to try them!

Last edited by Dev80 on Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:22 pm
Bone in or boneless?
Are we talking stir fry or chicken only?
I'm about to make chicken with green beans and snap peas tossed in an olive oil dressing together with penne. Wow, that sounded fancy. Smile
Chicken paprikash. Chicken simmered with onion and grape juice. Chicken soup without the soup. Chicken stir fries. Chicken schwarma. I do all these types with boneless pieces, but I never make bone-in chicken as I would not be able to fit enough for my family in one pan.

Dev80

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:26 pm
I was talking about bone in chicken, cooked in water with spicing or a sauce of some sort (we can do a dif thread for your other ideas Smile) Thanks though! We're still just two adults eating so we can fit it in the skillet. What's chicken paprikash?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:40 pm
Chicken Curry from KBD is very good.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....curry

I know I have a honey chicken and sweet potato recipe somewhere.

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 5:35 pm
Spice and Spirit has a great recipe - dredge chicken in spiced flour, brown in margarine. Fry onions, mushrooms, tomato sauce, return chicken to pan, cook until soft - yum.
Brown skin side of chicken in oil and paprika, turn over, duck sauce, chilli flakes and water, till soft. Can throw in frozen green beans, or mushrooms, or sliced peeled potatoes.
Mishie (I think) on this site with potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc, and soup mix/spices and water to cover half way.
Choc Moose's apple and honey chicken in a pan (well, I used apple, sweet potato and onion, and a mix of olive oil, garlic, thyme and lemon juice instead of the italian dressing, with honey) - the apples and veg become almost caramalised.
I don't have a fleishig oven, so always do my chicken on the stovetop...

greeneyes

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:21 pm
We like chicken adobo. I can't locate the recipe I usually use, but these both look good:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/c......aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/f......aspx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey