Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Kids clothing

Pineapple

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 9:10 pm
How do you put away your kids clothing?

I am looking for a way to save as much space as possible and to be organized.

Any tips?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 9:23 pm
The only tip I have is, don't forget where you put the clothing. I just found a box of clothing for my baby that he could've worn in the winter Rolling Eyes .

greeneyes

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 9:33 pm
I bought a few of those big plastic storage tubs at Target to store dd's clothing that she's outgrown. They come in all different sizes, and they stack up neatly.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 12:47 pm
greeneyes wrote:
I bought a few of those big plastic storage tubs at Target to store dd's clothing that she's outgrown. They come in all different sizes, and they stack up neatly.

How do you organize it that you can find something easily?

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:07 pm
organize by size and season. write down what you have and where you put the box. also check out the space that you are planning to put the clothing to see what size boxes you need to buy. label the front of the box. put the boxes that you need to get to soon in an easy to get to place,
ex. ds needs 24 months soon his box is in the front. and 4t is on the side.

Sudy

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:22 pm
I put my childrens' clothing in carboard boxes with a big label in the front ex. "winter size 2T girl". Before the start of the new season we take down all appropriate boxes and choose whatever still looks good. Anything left over goes to my local gemach.

dainty diva

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 9:02 pm
I have all sizes sterilite containers. They're cheap and they're clear. I put a mailing label on the outside about the contents. 6 qt. cont. I use 4 socks-each size a ddif cont and also 4 kids underwear

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 9:06 pm
I use cardboard boxes (pretty small) separated into sizes. I keep a color coded index card (blue-boy, pink-girl, anything else-neutral/mixed in one box) with the size and a list of exactly what is in the box taped to the front so I can see what's inside without opening it. if I have two sizes in one box, I specify next to the item on the list.

dainty diva

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 9:15 pm
In my tiny shoe box apt. /limited space, 4 the nicely folded baby stretchies I use the plastic zippered bags linen is sold in.Any linen store will sell it 2 u 4 anominal price. The good: it's cheap'easily viewable and best of all, it's "squishable" where as bins take up more space, I can squeeze these into small areas of shelves!

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 9:27 pm
Much like the above....I use diaper boxes.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 9:31 pm
I don't have kids, but I store our out of season clothes and my wardrobe in my old size clothes in plastic postal crates that I can stack up.I put a sheet with the inventory in the top of each box. DH also hung up an extra clothing rod where we hand out of season clothes.

dainty diva

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:11 pm
In my coat closet,DH added a rod just below the ceiling.In winter we hang there the spring jackets,summer the coats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics