Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Sister personality clash

bebe3

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 3:20 pm
dd #2 and dd#3 do not get along. They fight constantly and refuse to play with each other. They are 18 months apart. dd #2 likes to do her own thing and not be bothered while dd #3 is a real leader and always tries to rally her siblings to go and play with her, even though she is younger. dd #2 doesn't like being told what to do or bossed around and dd # 3 thrives on telling her what to do.
How can I explain to a 3 and 4 year old to not pick on each other? I am very into having my kids share their feelings with each other to make them more sensitive to each other but these two have me stumped. The fighting is really getting to me, and I really can't handle watching them grow to despise each other.
Any suggestions are helpful.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 5:56 pm
By me, the ones who are identical fight bitterly. Apparently they know how to get under the skin of the other one. The ones who are total opposites get along great. Did you read “sibling Rivalry” by Elaine Mazlish?

chanagital

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 6:04 pm
This might sound silly but have you taught them any team sports? On Sunday I try to take my family to the park where we play just a simple game of kick ball... ok not really... my kids are a little young... but they kick the ball to each other.. the rules are that they have to call the name of the peson they are passing it to... and in the process they have to say something nice to them. Or they aren't alowed to kick it. They seem to love the game.. and we get in the snaps...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers