Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Maternity wedding gown

Frumom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 2:54 pm
My freind is getting married and her sister needs a maternity gown (shes gonna be 8 months preg. at the wedding). Does anyone know where she can find a gown in Chicago??

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 3:12 pm
Ronit Blisko lends out her 3 gowns. She has one that I wore at 8 months. I think her # is (773) 973-0049.

imaamy

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 3:37 pm
When I saw the title of this thread I thought frum women were in need of maternity gowns to get married in! embarrassed

shira

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 4:23 pm
imaamy, I thought the same thing!

Frumom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 5:33 pm
imaamy wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread I thought frum women were in need of maternity gowns to get married in! embarrassed

Oy, sorry about that!!!

Thank you amother for the number, I'll tell my friend

imaamy

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 7:08 pm
Hey, it got me to read the posts! LOL

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 7:17 pm
omg, you got ME too!

chen

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 11:09 am
For those of you for whom english is not a first language, a "wedding gown" is what is worn by the woman getting married. A gown worn to a wedding by a guest or relative is a "gown," "formal gown," "mother-of-the-bride-or-groom gown," "bridesmaid's gown," or "evening gown," but NOT a "wedding gown"!

And, a gown worn to a fancy affair taking place after 5.00 p.m. (formal wear is not worn before 5.00 p.m. by anyone with a shred of social upbringing) is called an "evening gown". What one wears to bed is a "night gown". Don't confuse one for the other!

Frumom

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 11:26 am
chen wrote:
For those of you for whom english is not a first language,

English is my first language, but thanks for the correction.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 12:05 pm
I also thought it was a maternity gown for the kallah!! And I was ready to give advice because I was actually a kallah at 8 1/2 months pregnant because that is when my husband converted. Smile

chen

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 1:41 pm
amother wrote:
I also thought it was a maternity gown for the kallah!! And I was ready to give advice because I was actually a kallah at 8 1/2 months pregnant because that is when my husband converted. Smile

wow! wouldn't that be a great stumper question on a sort of "trivial pursuit" kind of game?

Q: How can a frum woman be pregnant at her own chuppah?

So, for our studio audience...what did you wear?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics