Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Weekend cooking

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 12:24 pm
I ayin hora'd myself, but good, this time.

I work full time, spend a lot of time exercising, and too much time taking care of the laundry, bills, etc., at home. So, on weekends, I just don't want to be in the kitchen all the time! Years back I made a rule; I don't cook breakfast or lunch on Sundays!

I almost always cook a big dinner, so I also don't want to make breakfast and lunch. Thankfully, DH has a breakfast shiur and eats there, I can content with yogurt and coffee, and the kids take care of themselves.

So - lunch is the only issue. Tonight I have a Bar Mitzvah so I'm eating there (albiet late), and Monday night is erev the fast so I have to cook something good, plus Tues is the fast itself, so there has to be something for after (and I'm not home until 6:30 or 7 since I do the grocery shopping on Tuesdays).

In the end, I made two boxes of mac and cheese on Sunday. I had a nice portion, since I'm eating late tonight, and the rest is going in the fridge for whoever doesn't like what the next 2 nights hold.

But what do you usually do on Sundays? I don't want to spend money on take food - like pizza or bagels, and I don't want to eat anything fattening/mayonnaisey, but gosh darn it, we're hungry!!!!!!!

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 12:31 pm
I usually just eat something quick before I go to the gym sunday morning (like cereal or oatmeal, always s/t w/ carbs b4 the gym).
For lunch I'll eat a bagel or soup.
Sometimes for Sunday night dinner DH and I will pick something out of the cookbook and make it together.
If we have shabbos leftovers we'll eat those.
Tonight we're going out to dinner.

RedVines

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 1:33 pm
Sundays, I usually make a nice breakfast;pnacakes, eggs, bagels...

Lunch;pizza rolls

Dinner;usually go to MIL but if not I go easy like a pasta dish and salad

slimnglam

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 1:56 pm
Sunday brunch by us is always leftover from shabbos HEROES!!!!!!!!
we stack up

challah,
ketchup, mayo, mustard, cold cuts, liver, sauteed onions, cold slaw. pickles

yummmmmmmmmmmm

verrry dietetic Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 8:14 am
YUM!

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 1:07 pm
Why not make it a scrambled egg night? I cut up veggies, (onion, peppers, mushroom, tomatoes) to put in the egg and a salad to go with it (OK by the time I'm done, it's not such a quick meal...)

OR
Make it a freezer night, one night make extra main dish and freeze it, one night extra side dish etc. and sunday night just pull out of freezer.

frumie

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 1:32 pm
not to sound super lazy, but does anyone else sometimes find pasta is too complicated and time consuming? with the dishes, the boiling, the draining...

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 1:41 pm
would I sound super lazy if I agreed Wink

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 1:49 pm
I don't mind the time that it takes to make the food, but just the thought of all the dishes that I'll have to wash afterwards is sometimes incentive enough to make a simple meal!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 2:04 pm
Thankfully I don't do much cleanup; between DD and DH I have help on that front!

mother48

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 6:09 pm
sunday night is shabbos left overs. I cook extra chicken so I'll have for sunday.

my kids are still little, so breakfast is regular, (cereal and milk or oatmeal, if I'm real inspired, I'll make pancakes.)

lunch is melted cheese or cream cheese and yougarts.

my husband is kinda on my own or we'll make eggs and salad.

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 6:22 pm
sunday is a reg day in my house . reg breakfast .lunch and supper... supper is usally a freshly cooked fleishing meal

sigh no rest for the weary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen