Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Paranormal Experiences:

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:27 am
I once had a psychic incident where I envisioned something happening, and it happened later on that week (the event was random and it also involved someone who was basically a stranger to me).

I also remember when I was a child, reaching in the dark for a siddur that was on my night-table, and seeing my hand and arm glowing green.

Once I witnessed a tragic accident and was very traumatized, and had problems sleeping. One night I felt "a presence" that came to me, and it filled my body with light. The "presence" told me it was trying to help me, but I got scared, and the feeling stopped.

I know these events sound bizarre, hence I am posting anonymously. But I am curious to know if anyone else here feels she's experienced something "paranormal."

bubby

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:47 am
Yes, many times. My mother has the same "gift" Rolling Eyes , but not to the same extent. My sister...never.

Somebody once said it has to do with an acute sensitivity. I don't know if that's correct. I never had any glowing body parts, but I have predicted things, including dreaming my father A"H in Gan Eden trying to get me to come to him, & I said I wasn't ready. 3 days later I had a suspected heart attack (severe angina, in the end, which is what my father suffered from) & spent a few days in hospital. Fortunately, I'd told DH about the dream before the attack. The dream was much more detailed & reality-based than that, too much to go into.

A few years ago, my mom dreamed she was in a tunnel with a brilliant white light & my dad at the end beckoning to her. She got quite close to him but yelled at him, and told him flat out no. She traveled back into herself, then woke up in terrible pain and had to call an ambulance. She only told me because I would believe her. That freaked me out more than my experiences.

I don't usually tell anyone except DH whatI dream, because no one believes me, esp. if I tell them the dream after the event! So if I dream anything significant I tell him the next day. Just in case. Yes, I dream in color & yes, I usually remember them.

BTW, I did dream about the election, but I don't remember the details. This was last week...I woke up aggravated, but I'm not 100% sure Obama won in my dream. Here's hoping!! Confused I'm just weird.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:57 am
That is weird about the election dream because I had one I think has to do with the election. It was about a singer everyone was loving up; I don't even know what he sang but as soon as he started singing everyone kept making these gestures with their hand and at first I thought they were givng him the finger!but it turned out they were making an O with their thumb and forefinger and pointing at him.

Anyway, a group of people put themselves into a wacky kind of sleep, and they would live a year and then die. They were explaining why and a lot of what they said was just words; didn't make sense. One woman stated, in words and sign language, that she was sacrificing herself for him because she always wanted to have a happy life. Everyone loved her. Another woman stated something about food, and everyone started cursing her and saying she should suffer as their beloved singer did.

I just figured I had to get out of their as quick as a could; grabbed my purse and started stuffing it with stuff, tried to find my family. That's when I woke up.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:48 am
Not me personally, but I have a brother who is crazy with these things. Several times he has told us not to go to a certain place in Israel because there will be a bomb there, and there was. He also told us that my sister and sister in law would have baby boys the same day (many years ago) which sounded ridiculous at the time since they were due so far apart. In the end, my sister had the baby 2 weeks late and my sister in law had the baby many weeks early and it was in fact 2 boys, same day. I don't know what it is. I never ever believed in "this stuff" but he seems to have some dream gift.

So yeah, he freaks us all out but we kinda learned to listen to what he says!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 2:29 am
I frequently know when I'm going to run into someone I haven't seen for ages. I just get a vibe.

Quote:

I also remember when I was a child, reaching in the dark for a siddur that was on my night-table, and seeing my hand and arm glowing green.

Wow. I had a similar experience. I would love not to post as amother, but don't want people to think I'm a FREAK. So I woke up in the middle of the night, I was about 9, was NOT dreaming. Went to my doorway in the middle of the night, and there were floating Hebrew letters with a glow. I was either too afraid to touch them or it hurt to touch them, I can't remember.

I had many paranormal experiences as a child. Not as much now. I basically kept it to myself and felt special, because I knew people would think I was lying or weird.

earthmama

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 4:27 am
Once I had a vivid dream about helicopters crashing ,woke up and saw a text msg from Dh's friend about the assassination of some sheik with a helicopter crash...but im not anonymous bc IMO all frum Jews by definition realize that this world as we see it is NOT the sum total of reality and supernatural phenomena exist.so theres no room to consder anyone a freak bc they are in touch with this dimension.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 10:43 pm
I have had very weird incidents since young age.

1)-I was standing in line next to this lady I know, I clearly heard her say I can't believe my parents are moving to LA !
so I said that's great LA is a nice city ,she looked at me and said "who told you"
I said you just said that ...no she said I was thinking about it but did not say anything so I asked the cashier did you hear her too? and the cashier backed her up saying she was totally silent. I was like... ok, this is strange.

2)-I dreamed that my friends daughter had given birth to a baby girl with a mole on her cheek.
the next day a baby girl was born to this mum of 4 boys with the mole I described.

3)- I had a dream were I saw my DH before I met him 3 weeks later ,I thought maybe I saw him around before but looking at his passport I realized that we met the day he arrived in the country. I had this weird I know you ,I love you feeling. luckily he felt the same too.

4)- I once met this woman several times and was convinced her eyes were dark brown almost black. well they actually are blue and I caught her red handed talking badly about me (slander) . she was so envious, crazy and vicious ,another time It happened with Dh's old boss who was looking at gross pictures of children and was eventually arrested . so I learned that the eyes ARE the windows to the soul. every time I have mistaken a persons eye color it has been warning for me ,so now I ask DH casually just to be sure what the eye color really is . It only works on light eye colors , brown eyed people stump me. I'n people who are deeply spiritual there is a light and a calmness in their gaze a feeling of peace.
Obama gives me an uneasy feeling period. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

5)-places, If I feel tense or sad in a place or house 99% of the time something terrible has happened there I can feel the suffering. It feels like a sudden PMS attack

6)- In 1994 there was a terrible bombing in the local Argentinian JCC I dreamed about it 2 nights before. and convinced my friend who was going to visit there not to go there ,I insisted so much that she listened and posponed the trip by a week . till this day ,I'm amazed at how vivid this dream was and that it happened when I saw the news I almost fainted ,it was overwhelming.

7) DD bought this wooden velvet lined box at a garage sale and that night I could not sleep I kept having this disturbing dreams about the Holocaust , so I got up and checked my children and saw this old box, lifted it from the dresser and found a small nickel size old swastika pin tucked in the inside of the velvet lining.
It sent chills down my spine. I flushed it down a toilet and all was well ,no more nightmares.

I'm amother because I have always felt weird and this is random and beyond my control and when I told my parents they thought I had an overactive Imagination. And I fear people might think I'm nuts . Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

anuta

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 11:05 pm
I have a friend that I have this psychic connection to. I know when she will call, and she knows when I am calling. Just today, I was eating my dinner and planning to call her when I finish. The phone rings, and I know it is her. It was her. We don't even talk so often, maybe once every couple of months...

When she was pregnant, she didn't tell anybody until the end, until she actually called us from the hospital. I knew both times, I asked her outright if she is pregnant (I had dreams about it), but both times she denied it, but she was
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics