Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Woman carries fetus for 46 years (not 4u shaklee!!)
1  2  Next

greentiger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:11 am
Fascinating story:
http://www.mymultiplesclerosis......html

Seriously, the human body never ceases to amaze me.

ETA: Link contains graphic pictures. Do not open if you are sensite to these type of things (or pregnant).

Last edited by greentiger on Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:19 am
Tra la la la la TRA la la yibbidibby dim dumb.

greentiger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:20 am
You were warned...

supermom

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:22 am
That doesn't make sense because naturally the body would expel it. I haven't read the article though.

greentiger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:26 am
Right. She wasn't carrying it normally, but it was an ectopic.

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:51 am
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!!! Puke

& yea, right!! She would've gotten fever & been very sick. An ectopic pregnancy starts rupturing inside. It's good enough to keep pples mind off elections for 30 seconds!

shosh

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:51 am
Fascinating story!!!!

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:54 am
Mollys Mama wrote:

& yea, right!! She would've gotten fever & been very sick. An ectopic pregnancy starts rupturing inside. It's good enough to keep pples mind off elections for 30 seconds!

only if it's a tubal pregnancy. if it's abdominal it's different, but this is still a mighty strange story. like how come she didn't notice she looked pregnant for 40 years. in any case, I'lly happy you waited to post this until I wasn't pregnant anymore!

Last edited by chaylizi on Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

greentiger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:55 am
Mollys Mama wrote:

Actually its very rare but it can rupture the falopian tupe and then latch onto any organ and then develop into a normal full term baby out of the uterus. Very rare but it happens. Funny enough I was just discussing this with someone on shabbos.

greentiger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:56 am
chaylizi wrote:
Mollys Mama wrote:

only if it's a tubal pregnancy. if it's abdominal it's different, but this is still a mighty strange story. like how come she didn't notice she looked pregnant for 40 years. in any case, I'lly happy you waited to post this until I wasn't pregnant anymore!

Sorry I should put more of a warning.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:00 am
right now it's ok my very vocal son is right next to me making quite the racket. but when I'm pregnant, stories I might find interesting might be less so considering the context.

ny21

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:08 am
:arrow: :arrow: Puke Puke Puke yuck.

greentiger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:09 am
I should also note (to reasure those who are preggers) that it would be near impossible for something like this to go uncaught in this day and age.

mamacita

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 4:17 pm
Whoa! crazy! Poor woman Sad

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 5:01 pm
uchh! And all these years she never thought that the baby was still inside her? What did she think happened to it?

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 5:06 pm
dumb question here - if she had agreed to the c-section could she have had a live baby?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 6:30 pm
In order for HER to survive, her body turned the baby into a stone calcified mass, essentially a mummy. So this is not longer a baby. Read the article, it’s not that long.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 6:40 pm
Aidelmom wrote:
dumb question here - if she had agreed to the c-section could she have had a live baby?

if she had paid attention to the fact that pregnancy is 40 weeks & not 40 years, she might have had a chance at it. she sounds like a very unaware person to me. I'm assuming in most countries they know something about having babies?

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 6:57 pm
I think aidelmoms question is, if she would have had her baby at the normal time would it have been a healthy live baby even if it was sort of ectopic? or was it already calcified by then?

ilovestrollers

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:04 pm
The baby was probably fine back then, but the question is, would the surgeons have been able to take the baby out and keep mom and baby alive?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links