Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How you can impact the election WDYT?

sky

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 5:15 pm
An ad in the Hamodia (all mistakes are probably my own):

We are in crucial times. This great medinal shel chessed is embarking upon an election that will have a long range impact on the very existence or Eretz Yisroel, upon the security or our nation, upon the level morality in this country and believe it or not, upon getting animal rights ahead of human rights (shechita is already high on PETA's agenda)

Statistics show that the vast majority of Hamodia readers will have little or no impact on who is chosen as the next president.

Chazal tell us otherwise. Our maasim over the next few days will decide the outcome of this election.

the entire election rests on the undecided voters in 6 or 7 states as small as New Hampshire. This means that this election will be determined by less than 1% of the voters in this country.

Polls of previous elections have shown that many of these undecided voters will delay their decision all the way up to Election day. Their decision will be swayed by events during these next few days. These events range from an uptick or downtick in the stockmarket, to an international security event, to a qoute or an interview similar to "Joe the Plumber".

Clearly these events are not in our hands. But we, the army of Hakadosh Baruch Hu, are capable of causing a positive or negative event to occur. In light of the gravity of all these issues, I humbly suggest that we do everything in our power.

- Those who excel in Torah should spend every possible moment fully focused
- Those who excel in Tefilah should give their complete concentration
- Those who excel in chessed should take advantage of every opportunity
- Answer Amen yihay shimay rabbah with complete concentration. It has the power to change a bad g'zar din.

It is an investment of the next few days that will affect legislation over the next 4 - 8 years affecting our lives, the lives of our children, and the lives of our grandchildren.

In the zechus of these acts may Hakadosh Baruch Hu put the best shaliach in the White House.

B'chvod Rav,
Yisroel Bitach

As always those who have any questions should see guidance from their Morah Derech.
Comments may be sent [His e-mail address]

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 6:02 pm
Thank you for posting that sky.

(Leitzanus-mocking posts are not appreciated and were removed.)

marina

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 6:56 pm
Maybe you will like this better, Motek.

Rabbi Levin also asks that everyone say tehillim and give tzedaka for John McCain to win.

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com.....hl=en

sky

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:16 am
When I saw this I thought I know who I want to win and I believe he will be the best. But in truth there is no real way to know.

I would think its best to daven for the right person to win rather then a specific person.

Just like the chassan who davened for a specific kallah because he thinks she will be the best. Hashem answered his tefillah because he davened so well but in the end it really was not for the best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics