Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama Campaign Disables CC Address Verification

OldYoung

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 9:05 am
http://www.nowpublic.com/world.....onors

Ok, so I'm not posting this because I think it's new news, but because I would like clarification. Whether or not the particular site I posted is credible or not (this happened to be the link Mugsisme posted), Obama supporters, please tell me how this is moral or just. Is it no big deal? Do parties do this all the time?

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 9:17 am
OldYoung wrote:
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/obama-campaign-disabled-credit-card-address-verification-donors

Ok, so I'm not posting this because I think it's new news, but because I would like clarification. Whether or not the particular site I posted is credible or not (this happened to be the link Mugsisme posted), Obama supporters, please tell me how this is moral or just. Is it no big deal? Do parties do this all the time?

The piece appears to be editorial, not news, and merely states, *could it be that ...* as there is apparently no evidence that Obama's campaign has done this. All they're able to state is that they have purposely entered false information and then received a *thanks for your donation* automated reply. Of course ... (1) if the information was being frauduently entered , then the money would be charged taken back once discovered by the cardholder, so that the campaign wouldn't have the money; (2) there's no mention of subsequent verification, which may exist. I'm not sure what they're suggeting. That Obama is attempting to circumvent reporting requirements by people making multiple donations using false names?

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 9:24 am
OMG..... if this is true.. do you all want a FRAUD to be leading the USA??????????????? Woah!!!!!!!

mugsisme

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 9:25 am
Yet another long article with links here

OldYoung

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:05 am
I guess this isn't such a big deal afterall.

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:08 am
When you look at these things individually they aren't big deals. When you stack them up one on top of the other and then see how high the stack of iffy things are, it's a big deal, at least to me. It makes me conclude that Obama may not be the Messiah after all and may have been less than completely forthcoming with the American public.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:20 am
I don't know. The possiblity of terrorist organizations being able to contribute to a US election really bothers me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics