Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Favorite Salad - Not Real Recipes

red sea

Post Wed, Jan 11 2006, 8:08 pm
What is your favorite salad to throw together for lunch? I need some more variety with my lunch. No fancy guests for shabbos types of recipes, just the kind you'd make in a hurry for yourself. You know, limit of very few veg and super simple dressing. And nothing that needs tons of work to check for bugs.

Gee, did I just narrow it down too much? Is there anything left?

I've been eating cubed avacodo and tomatoes with mayo since the prechecked bags of lettuce lost the hechser - HELLLPPPPP!

SMG

Post Wed, Jan 11 2006, 8:16 pm
Shredded carrots (can buy them bagged with a hechsher), grape tomatoes, shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix (when available), defrosted frozen snow peas or sugar snap peas, some canned chickpeas or other beans (rinsed) defrosted frozen corn and or peas, green or black olives, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms, grapes or sliced strawberries, some slivered almonds or glazed walnuts, maybe some croutons, whatever dressing I have on hand. Any combo of these is great.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Jan 11 2006, 9:10 pm
I usually put together either a greek salad, rainbow salad or tuna/taco salad.

Greek salad: Tomatoes, cucombers, olives, purple onion, fetta cheese(opt. romaine lettuce).

Rainbow salad: Red, green and yellow pepper, purple onion, baby corn and either snow or snap peas.

Tuna/Taco salad: Taco chips, tuna, cherry tomatoes, purple onion, cucombers (opt. romanie lettuce)

Dressings that I personally like (may differ):

Greek salad: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dash of pepper and salt.

Rainbow salad: balasamic vinegar, olive oil, dash of pepper and salt, garlic powder.

Tuna/Taco: mayo, salsa and ketchup

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jan 11 2006, 9:17 pm
Israeli Salad -- tomatoes, cucumbers and you can add pickles and peppers if you like. Salt and some olive oil

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 11 2006, 9:39 pm
You can still use the baggy salads/lettuce, you just have to check them.

I like spinach, grated carrot, and cut up red pepper.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 10:39 am
I've still found some bags w/ star K on them.

I like taco salad (any type of lettuce), canned peas and corn, pickles, with morning star farms breakfast patties cut up in it.
Dressing: mayo and salsa (or taco sauce) - add some chili powder and garlic powder.

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 11:29 am
a little bit of work but I love to make potato salad with a ton of veg. inside. like diced up or sliced purple onion, red yellow orange green peppers, cherry tomato cut in four, thinly sliced carrots, and pickles of course!!

the same goes with noodle salad. I love making everything out of veg. 8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen