Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lice - Where I Work
Previous  1  2

Would You Send Your Child To School With Lice/Nits
yes  
 6%  [ 5 ]
no  
 93%  [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 82

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 4:28 pm
When I got lice (found out on my 11th birthday, and I had hair down to my hips) the public school I went to BANNED me until I had a doctor's note saying I was clean.

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 4:36 pm
For those that chose "yes" on the poll Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes How selfish can you get??? Is it not enough that your child/ren/, linens and more have to be cleaned??? What would make someone be that selfish?? I don't care if you have a job or anything else. Take the time to clean your child before exposing them to other children. This behavior just makes me mad. In addition, do you realize that your child is itching an uncomfortable if infested?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

soldat

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 4:56 pm
when I lived in europe, I worked in a school. the health department in that country would not allow us to send kids home with lice! they had to stay in school and bring home a note to their aprents.
I got lice 3 TIMES!!!! through my sheitel, while I was pregnent, and once I was literly crawling with bugs.

anyhow people - just ONE nit can cause a renewed outbreak, most shampoos now a days don't even kill the nits, and rarely the bugs which is why it is so important to get rid of every single nit.

melbee

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 8:21 pm
The school I work in has organized lice check after summer break, Sukkos break, and Pesach break. I'm not sure of other breaks. If any child misses check days, he has to have a signed note from an approved checker, not his parent, before being allowed back. We once did have two boys who came back from summer camp with nits, and they were kept out of school. One boy came back the next day and we sent him out again because it was still there, so that one parent anyway does send their kid back.

We used a shampoo when I was in seminary in Israel that was supposed to be a lice repellent. I think it's just that any shampoo with rosemary oil as an ingredient is supposed to repel lice. B"H I did not get lice in Israel, but who knows if that's actually the reason?

SuperMama

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 10:13 pm
I would not send a kid with lice to school. Maybe this woman had some type ofunique situation? I just can't believe under normal circumstances taht a parent would send their kid to school with lice.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 10:32 pm
Dont most NY schools routinely check all the classes for lice?Like once a month or two months? and whoever has gets sent home with a note that she cant return to school without a letter from a "lice checker" that she is clean.
Now I live OOT and b"h here its really not so widespread at all. but whenever someone does have, the whole school gets checked and they make sure everyone is clean.

mommy's daughter

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 10:41 pm
forget about other kids your child is so uncomfortable with itching I wants had my dd hardly get lice shes 5 now one shabbos she could'nt stop scraching I wasnt able to check cause of shabbos once it was over I started to clean her she had .more boo boos then lice full of bloody spot from scratching and she comes home from school with new lice and will call tomorow her teacher its not fear for my dd Sad

mrshj

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 11:05 pm
Imawoman wrote:
I'll never forget when my cutie cousin was scratching her head as she said, "Ayn Li Kinim" (I don't have lice). Yup...

I don't think you can generalize like that. My daughter scratches her head a lot. I have checked her many times, as did the school's nit checker that comes once a month, and she is always clean. Some kids have a dry scalp and I pity my daughter, but it really itches. And she has no lice but everybody thinks that she does.

ValleyMom

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 6:56 pm
My student (5 yr old boy) said my hair itches I have lice.. Naturally I thought he was kidding, I sent him to the office an hour later after he finished his work. He was INFESTED!!! I was so upset with myself. The nurse said the hour made No difference. At any rate NOBODY else had lice... Just him. But I learned my lesson... You Scratch... you get checked...
PS
He came in the next day completely shaved bald.
Like a new peach!
LIce Free!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 7:23 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
My student (5 yr old boy) said my hair itches I have lice.. Naturally I thought he was kidding, I sent him to the office an hour later after he finished his work. He was INFESTED!!! I was so upset with myself. The nurse said the hour made No difference. At any rate NOBODY else had lice... Just him. But I learned my lesson... You Scratch... you get checked...
PS
He came in the next day completely shaved bald.
Like a new peach!
LIce Free!!

they can still live in the head. I've seen it. I hope they did some sort of treatment on him too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics