Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Tori Wigs??
1  2  Next

shoy18

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:02 pm
anyone ever heard of them? bought from them??

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:03 pm
I've heard of them. I met one of the owners' daughters by chance. I called them up and asked prices. They are much cheaper than shevy's etc.. but more expensive than Milanos. Didn't go yet cuz don't want to spend now

Fox

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:20 pm
Yes! In the interest of full disclosure, one of the owners is my cousin. However, they just opened up a couple of months ago, and they're very eager to make people happy.

One note: they don't buy shaitels from a distributor. They personally work with a manufacturer overseas and then with wigmakers here in the U.S. to "finish" the shaitels. I know they make multiple trips abroad each year to make sure the manufacturer is living up to their specifications.

PM me, and I'll give you my name to use as a reference. Doubt if it will get you a discount, but it never hurts!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:32 pm
Do you know the quality hair? Is it closer to milano or closer to the more expensive brands like shevy and shuli?

Fox

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:36 pm
You are talking to a woman who wears Paula Young wigs! I wouldn't know a quality shaitel if it snuck up and bit me!

My cousin has worked years in the shaitel business, though, before going into business, and she's got incredible taste. I know that her goal was to sell a higher quality shaitel for less by cutting out the distributor's profit. I hope someone reports back -- I'm curious, too!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:39 pm
I really want a fall but dh has a lot of expenses with his business lately so it'll have to wait a few months at least. But they're on my list to check out when I have the moula

Fox

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:48 pm
Well, just PM me when you're ready, and then you can go in and say, "I'd love to buy something, but tell me, why on earth do you let poor Cousin Fox shlep around in that ratty old mail-order shaitel?"

And my cousin can say, "Listen, bubbeleh, a miracle worker I'm not!"

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:50 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, just PM me when you're ready, and then you can go in and say, "I'd love to buy something, but tell me, why on earth do you let poor Cousin Fox shlep around in that ratty old mail-order shaitel?"

And my cousin can say, "Listen, bubbeleh, a miracle worker I'm not!"

LOL!! LOL Definitely!!

pradaboots

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 10:44 am
I have a Tori wig and am thrilled with it. I'm a personal shopper and always need great quality, but don't want to pay a lot. They also do a great cut, and I'm always getting stopped in the street about it. I've been sending my clients there for wigs and so far everyone has been happy.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 10:47 am
pradaboots wrote:
I have a Tori wig and am thrilled with it. I'm a personal shopper and always need great quality, but don't want to pay a lot. They also do a great cut, and I'm always getting stopped in the street about it. I've been sending my clients there for wigs and so far everyone has been happy.

Thanks so much. I still have to wait a bit, expenses are crazy now but now that will be my first stop.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 8:19 pm
About how much do they run?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 8:21 pm
Depends on the length. I asked for a really long fall they told me about $950, which is a bit more expensive than the cheap brands but much cheaper than the better quality stuff. If it's shorter, it's probably cheaper too.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 8:23 pm
I like shoulder length - regular sheitel

Sara Sara

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 4:04 pm
Thanks TORI Wigs!!! You guys are great!
Rivi and Tovi are the owners, and let me tell you, my freinds and I had a wonderful buying experience there - keep up the great work!
Sara

QUEENY

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 4:31 pm
I just bought a fall from Tori and it was the best shaitel experience I ever had ( 10 years). They are so nice and helpful they have all kinds of lengths and texures and colors of hair to try. There is no pressure. Once I picked out a wig which took less than five minutes ( the first one I tried on was a favorite) they cut it for me on the spot. They showed me how to use a curling iron and which hair treatments to buy. They let you come back to cut more or do any other adjustments (inc in price). It's really long and cost $950 inc. tax and cut. I thought it was a good price and the hair feels really good compared to a cheaper shaitel that I have, Check them out.

hmmmm?

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 5:19 pm
Where are they located? Phone number?

Thanks.

bubbles

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 5:25 pm
queeny sounds like me, just got a fall there I am so happy with it, got tons of compliments. Its the most comfortable shaitel ever. I love it.

QUEENY

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 8:35 pm
2953 Nostrand Ave off Avenue P 718-998-6749

jflower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 9:51 am
I had a great experience at Tori Wigs. I bought a beautiful sheitel with a great fit, great cut, great service. Will iy"h go back for my next sheitel. I brought a family member in, and she's getting one too. I highly recommend them!

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 10:56 am
I just dropped off my shaitels to be washed by them for the first time... havent picked them up yet. I do have to say though, it was a beautiful store,and friendly people.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels