Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
A Kollel in my city!

babula

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 8:25 pm
In the past Observant families have come here and left within five years looking for better chinuch and a larger community. We now have a Kollel of two rabbi's and their wives. I am excited about it and hope that they succeed in building a kehilla here. It seems to me there has to be a turning point in a communities development when things start to change and grow. I saw it happen in Toronto and Ottowa...maybe it will happen here.

julia

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 10:02 pm
Ihope it works. It takes so much chesed. I think it's worth it. Are there many Jews there?

babula

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 10:07 pm
Sadly there are many jews here but most are totally unaffiliated with any jewish organisation. Some even prefer not to identify themselves as Jews.

julia

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 10:10 pm
I hope they are able to connect to your torah institution and soon!

babula

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 10:12 pm
Thank You. We all hope they will succeed.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 11:14 am
I managed to find back this displaced topic...

I was reminded of it because someone is also wanting to open a kollel here, or in a town or city around. There is a hearsay that a kosher restaurant will open, although I don't think there are enough families who won't take anything in a non kosher one for it to be viable. Much bigger communities have tried and failed, after all.
And there's this mysterious chabad school opening in a town abt 13 kms away... but no one can tell me anything about it, not even which shaliach opens it... go figure...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics