Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
THE DA VINCI CODE
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 9:10 am
I'm sure many have read the book, what do you think about it? Is it wrong to read about such a topic? I personally found it very entertaining....

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:09 am
It's definitely not the type of book that I'd usually pick up, but after you see something on the bestsellers list for over a year, you HAVE to read it! I thought it was pretty good, I'm looking foward to the movie.

newmom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:11 am
I enjoyed it too.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:29 am
Add me to the list! DS liked it too.

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:31 am
It was a fun read!

Last edited by Crayon210 on Thu, Dec 27 2007, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlumaG

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:33 am
to me a an FFB it was fascinating, its just such an unknown subject, besides its a really cool "treasure hunt" theres a movie "National Treasure" that is similar in the way its a hunt to find wat they r looknig for, v suspensful

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:37 am
Apparently TDVC is not so accurate (as is obvious from his description of Judaism, but also in other areas too), so I wouldn't read it for the educational element, though it is a fun read.

imale

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 1:04 pm
Study

Last edited by imale on Thu, May 04 2006, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

SMG

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 1:22 pm
I also enjoyed Angels and Demons, another Dan Brown book. My sister just gave me The Amber Room which she said is not too different and I should like.

BlumaG

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 1:26 pm
angles n demons was really good
I saw in a bookstore they have the da vinci code with the actual paintings inside which they r talking about

Ozmom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 5:35 pm
I can't remember whether it was the da vinci code or andgels and demons but one of his book had ludicrous description of Judaism and of the cohanim in the beis hamikdash. I was plutzing while reading it.
crazy crazy stuff, where on earth did he get it from?
I think ppl should put up a fuss, ppl might actually believe that rubbish. so why should I believe any of the other stuff he writes. I sure hope ppl aren't learning history from his books.
otherwise, its entertaining reading, but I think its a legitimate question if we should be reading this stuff

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 7:03 pm
The Beis HaMikdash descriptions were in The DaVinci Code. As I said above, the information is not all accurate.

There have been countless books written by ministers explaining how he is wrong. His books are entertaining, but have a very clear anti-religion bias.

Ozmom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 7:30 pm
Quote:
the information is not all accurate.

not all accurate? what he wrote about judaism was absolute baloney

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 7:32 pm
Right. I meant that he apparently messed up a lot on the paintings and on the other religious discussions. I don't know anything about either subject, but I have been told that it's inaccurate.

Ozmom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 7:39 pm
aah yes.
This is why when I read the book I said to my husband that I don't think I can either believe what he says about xianity after reading what he said about judaism.
yes he is obviously very anti xianity, though I didn't get the impression he was anti religion in general because one of his books was defending the minority religions and discussing how they were opressed by the church, including judaism.
well this we all know

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 7:56 pm
Right but that would, for example, promote the idea that religions just oppress each other. He is very anti-religion, from the books I've read by him.

Which one were you referring to in your last post?

Ozmom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 8:33 pm
I think it was angels and demons
it was a long time ago I read it
something about a hidden group of people out to take revenge on the church consisting of artists and poets and jews and some other stuff

as I said it was a long time ago

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 8:49 pm
Angels and Demons. The hidden group was a bunch of scientists.

spangled

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 2:54 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
Right. I meant that he apparently messed up a lot on the paintings and on the other religious discussions. I don't know anything about either subject, but I have been told that it's inaccurate.

Yes, it's inaccurate. I think right around the part about the little mermaid is a good place to question the validity of his claims. (And his sanity, if this is something he believes.)

Mrs.Norris

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 10:27 am
I read it about a year ago, it is an amazing book but after reading it I was very confused as to what was fact and what was fiction (regarding the christian side).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics