Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Yaffa falls (no jokes on immediate reaction thread)

Fabulous

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:24 am
I went into Yaffa the other day to try on the long straight fall. It is $625 and I was wondering if anyone has it and if they are happy with it.

speciwoman

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:21 pm
I have two sheitels from Yaffa. One is a custom fall, which cost over $1000, which I like a lot (though now it's a few years old and is starting to knot quite easily). The other was a full sheitel which is half-synthetic and was about $300. It's not so nice and I rarely wear it. Probably shouldn't have purchased it.

ss321

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 8:48 am
I purchased a fall from Yaffa for $1000.

When the color was wrong when I went to pick it up (it was PURPLE I am brunette. I am not kidding. some dark gothic auburn something), they charged "100" for "highlighting" unbeknownst to me (Only saw that when I got my CC statement that they billed me an extra 100). Wouldve gone down the street to one of the many salons on central ave and gotten it dyed for 30 or 40 bucks.

The hair knots after 5 minutes, it doesnt hold a curl, and they said it was "virgin european" and I have asked other shaitel machers and haidressers who have all looked at it touched and examined it, and told me it is 100% treated asian hair, which is the reason it doesnt hold a curl.

The reason it knots is because the bottom hair was sewn in (upside down) - ie the roots are at the bottom, the ends of the hair were sewn to the net. Horrible horrible experience overall and the largest waste of money in my life.

Most of all, they are really not nice when you beg them to help. When I brought it back a few weeks later, they actually insisted that it wasnt their fall, I must be mistaken, only when they looked it up, and I reminded them abt the color change, and yaffa herself came out to look at it, did they actually "believe" me. I sold it on craigslist for 200 dollars what a waste.

Just being honest I hope no one is offended by my post.

speciwoman

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:10 am
I can definitely agree that my fall does not hold curl at all and knots quite easily, even right after being washed and conditioned.

yogajew

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 5:42 pm
I have a yaffa fall. I really like it but it does knot easily. It's also longer length than I'm used to wearing so maybe that has something to do with it.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:09 am
Thanks so much for all your responses. I would like a longer one with easy maintanance (sp?) for every day. So it looks like somewhere else it is.

ss321

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:17 am
try blush in brooklyn
or I think its called riki and someone else they are reall ygood
shevy's has a godo reputation but ive never seen a shevy fall on anyone that didnt look like a mop/wig plopped on their head
there is a girl in crown heights who is amazing I forgot her name Im sure someone who lives there can recommend some ppl there, CH women always have the most gorgeous sheitleach

I got mine in israel to replace my terrible yaffa one that I sold, so I dont know if you want that rec. or not.

Dance2it

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:43 am
I had a yaffa fall and sheitel and my one complaint was that they knotted. Now I have milano and have not had the same problems.

yersp

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 11:17 am
ss321 wrote:
try blush in brooklyn
or I think its called riki and someone else they are reall ygood
shevy's has a godo reputation but ive never seen a shevy fall on anyone that didnt look like a mop/wig plopped on their head
there is a girl in crown heights who is amazing I forgot her name Im sure someone who lives there can recommend some ppl there, CH women always have the most gorgeous sheitleach

I got mine in israel to replace my terrible yaffa one that I sold, so I dont know if you want that rec. or not.

Do you mean Iris? She lives in CH and is a known shaitel macher. I got a shaitel from her about 3 years ago and it's still looking great. The only problem is I don't have her number so I'm sure the amothers from crown heights can help you.

ss321

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 8:24 pm
Buhlight wrote:

Do you mean Iris? She lives in CH and is a known shaitel macher. I got a shaitel from her about 3 years ago and it's still looking great. The only problem is I don't have her number so I'm sure the amothers from crown heights can help you.

No..it was a more mainstream name...riki or rivki maybe...rivka? IDK.if someone mentioned It I think id remember. Im sure whoever this iris is, is great. 75% of the time, when I compliment s/o on a beautiful shaitel, it ends up being from s/o in CH...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels