Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller good for israel!
1  2  Next

israel22

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 2:09 pm
hi! I know that its come up alot which double to get but specificly in israel meaning going on busses or walking alot you name it...I can get it from the states but have yet to figure out which one makes sense to get! I was looking at the aria but looks junky any ideas or s/o who has one that has exprience here with a double?

shoy18

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 2:10 pm
I never had a double but from all thats been said if your on and off busses the baby jogger city mini is probably one of your best contenders.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 3:02 pm
The City Mini double is now #1 on my list...

Tova

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 4:02 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
The City Mini double is now #1 on my list...

It's a great stroller. I'm using it now and loving it! (although I wish it were warmer here in the US so I can take the kids on walks more frequently).

israel22

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 5:43 am
it seems to me more and more I should get the city mini anyone else who has it in israel and ishappy with it? I dont' know many pppl that have it?

mom2bsn

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 7:02 am
all my neighbors in israel have it and love it!

e1234

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 7:04 am
Is there any stroller that's good and doesn't cost a fortune?
I dont' have a double and keep saying I'll make do without. but my 2 1/2 year old will not walk - and I'm pushing both in a single that is breaking...

shabri

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 7:06 am
I have the city mini here. I'm very happy with it. But I don't ever go on buses. I walk or drive

israel22

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 8:37 am
yeah doubles are not cheap! the city mini is expensive even if I bring it from america but I need a double imyh and can't seem to find a dif one thats worth the money even if its cheaper....

catonmylap

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 8:40 am
I see tons of Phil & Teds in my neighborhood. I think it's probably one of the easiest to push down the street when you need to get around cars parked on the sidewalk.

mamacita

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:07 pm
The Phil & ted is great if you go on innercity or intercity busses. I have taken a side by side double on an innercity bus a few times and it was nooooo fun! And this was on the newer, lower buses that have a big stroller area. Would never get onto one of the older egged buses that way.

It also fits into narrow streets, shops, doorways, etc. Doesn't take up too much room in general. Great for carrying groceries.

On thing is that it's not built to bump up and down the stairs. Mine broke in half and I've heard of several other people who have had the same thing happen. A pretty big problem, but if you can work around it, I'd recommend it. We got ours fixed so I could keep using it. I was torn at the thought of replacing it with something else and giving up some of it's great benefits.

israel22

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:15 pm
ya I just was looking for a side by side stroller and personally dont' like the phil and ted look with the baby so way down or vice versa..

shabri

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 3:51 pm
mamacita wrote:
The Phil & ted is great if you go on innercity or intercity busses. I have taken a side by side double on an innercity bus a few times and it was nooooo fun! And this was on the newer, lower buses that have a big stroller area. Would never get onto one of the older egged buses that way.

It also fits into narrow streets, shops, doorways, etc. Doesn't take up too much room in general. Great for carrying groceries.

On thing is that it's not built to bump up and down the stairs. Mine broke in half and I've heard of several other people who have had the same thing happen. A pretty big problem, but if you can work around it, I'd recommend it. We got ours fixed so I could keep using it. I was torn at the thought of replacing it with something else and giving up some of it's great benefits.

Its so funny you say that. When I was looking into doubles I was asking around and the feedback I got abt the P&T is that its great for bumping up & down stairs, but has no room for groceries!

I find the city mini easy to maneuver. I do a lot of walking and it has been easy to deal with. It is abt the size of a standard door so you can get through most places, except for the kuppah at my local grocery store which is built super tight! Its light enough that you can put it into a car/cab. I want to get the car seat adapter from America. Its out and I just need to find someone to bring it to me.

The downsides are 1. the basket is pretty small and hard to get to 2. When you close it, there is no clip or anything to hold it together so it tends to open a little when you stand it up.

All in all I am pretty happy with it.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves are the ppl who park on the sidewalk which forces me to walk in traffic with my 2 babies!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:06 pm
For those with a city mini.....

I want to pick one up for my summer aliyah. I like Black the best. Do you think it will attract to much heat? Should I go with another color because of that??

Please, I found a sale and would like to purchase soon......

israel22

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 5:41 pm
I would get black... inever heard anyone complaining that there color stroller was to hot for there kid..
can you share where the sale is? Very Happy

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 5:05 pm
Sorry, I was/am really sick here...have been so out of commission. I didn't get to order it yet. But, the sale is at Babies R Us/Toys R us. Total with two offers $30 off and free shipping. I just checked the dates and it ends March 26th, so act fast!!!!

Duggie

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 2:35 am
BUMP

how does the mountain buggy rate? It looks a lot more narrow than the city mini double

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 2:58 am
Duggie wrote:
BUMP

how does the mountain buggy rate? It looks a lot more narrow than the city mini double

Since this thread is from 8 years ago, the mountain buggy's were waaaay wider than the citiminis. About seven years ago they came out with a new double that is (irwas) the narrowest side by side double.

I have two mountain buggy's and I love them. The citi mini's handle is not adjustable. If you or your dh is tall, it could be uncomfortable. I find that I adjust my handle when going up hills. My children can also push when I put it down.

The citi mini gt is very good afaik. And the wheels can't get punctured.

Duggie

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 3:03 am
lymnok- do you mean you have the double version for both? thanks

Smile1234

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 3:29 am
I'm very happy with my city mini gt double- it has adjustable handlebars as well and great wheels... But the mountain buggy is definitely narrower. That means the seats are narrower too. I was afraid my then 2.5 yo wouldn't fit into it.
Now my almost 4yo who is very tall for his age is able to sit comfortably in the gt double. I don't think he'd be as comfortable in the mountain buggy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics