Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Cologne gift for dh-which one is a good one!

#1mama

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 2:47 pm
I wanna get my dh a gift- thinking of a cologne .
Which one is a good one.. going tomorrow to the city maybe I can pick something up from macys or lord and taylor..
thanks

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 3:21 pm
Depends what type of smell your guy likes.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....logne

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 3:22 pm
Eternity is good and it's a popular one.

chillax

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 3:44 pm
It totally depends on the person so I have no idea what kind you and your hubby would like but I like Acqua Di Gio...

OldYoung

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 4:16 pm
Euphoria by Calvin Klein is great.

skymile

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:06 am
unforgivable, sean john
chrome, Azzaro- YUM!!!

ss321

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:00 am
luv2cook4eva wrote:

chrome, Azzaro- YUM!!!

NO WAY! I thought DH was the only guy in the world who wore that. Most dept stores dont carry it, I have no clue where he got it. I think like one of those perfumania stores in grand central or something.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:36 am
Please don't buy dh fragrance based on the preferences of strangers. Do yourself, and him, a favor: go to the shop, sniff a couple, narrow it down to the three you like best. ask the clerk to put a little of each on blotter cards, labeled with the name. put each card in a saperate place in your bag so they don't mix. Then ask dh to sniff and tell you which he likes best. it won't be a surprise, but you don't risk getting him s/t either one of you dislikes.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:51 am
zaq wrote:
Please don't buy dh fragrance based on the preferences of strangers. Do yourself, and him, a favor: go to the shop, sniff a couple, narrow it down to the three you like best. ask the clerk to put a little of each on blotter cards, labeled with the name. put each card in a saperate place in your bag so they don't mix. Then ask dh to sniff and tell you which he likes best. it won't be a surprise, but you don't risk getting him s/t either one of you dislikes.

I was going to suggest Hugo Boss for Men but then I saw this post and totally agreed.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:56 am
its true, everyone has thier own sense of smell and preferences, but we love Ralph lauren Black, Burburry touch, and davidoff cool water.. hugo boss is good too- but there are a few of them and not sure of the name..

Maya

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 10:05 am
Sephora has an excellent deal now. They give you a sampler of ten popular colognes for $50 or so, which includes a "certificate" for a full bottle of the one you like best. Once you or your husband sampled them and decided, you can go redeem the "certificate" for that one and get a big bottle of it.

They have it in a few versions, for men and women.

realeez

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 10:05 am
Get one that comes with a nice gift too! They have some nice bags sometimes (especially this time of year).

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 10:43 am
Maya wrote:
Sephora has an excellent deal now. They give you a sampler of ten popular colognes for $50 or so, which includes a "certificate" for a full bottle of the one you like best. Once you or your husband sampled them and decided, you can go redeem the "certificate" for that one and get a big bottle of it.

They have it in a few versions, for men and women.

lol, that's what dh knows to get for me- for my chanuka present! ( I just can't decide which one to get.. )

skymile

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 1:33 pm
ss321 wrote:
luv2cook4eva wrote:

chrome, Azzaro- YUM!!!

NO WAY! I thought DH was the only guy in the world who wore that. Most dept stores dont carry it, I have no clue where he got it. I think like one of those perfumania stores in grand central or something.

lol... I got it for him as a kallah. I got it at parfumania in woodbury commons. I also found it on the internet at fragrancex.com

saweetie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 11:24 am
Test out "The One"

crl

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 3:05 pm
I agree that it's personal, but the new Original Penguin fragrance is actually really good.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 3:14 pm
Curmudgeon here. With respect, buy him something else. Men shouldn't smell like anything at all. Perfume is for women.

With men, IMHO, it is good to ask them what they might like. The fact is he may not need or want anything except a huge hug.

Or an upgraded piece of Judaica! Yes, that men like. With them, it's like having a fancy car. "My tefillin have gold. My Talit is pure wool." A new sefer nobody in his minyan has yet. Or one everybody has, that he does not have. That kind of thing. You won't feel a thing, but he will be very happy.

You are contemplating getting him something YOU understand, and quite naturally love, fragrance. But that's about YOU.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 3:21 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Curmudgeon here. With respect, buy him something else. Men shouldn't smell like anything at all. Perfume is for women.

With men, IMHO, it is good to ask them what they might like. The fact is he may not need or want anything except a huge hug.

Or an upgraded piece of Judaica! Yes, that men like. With them, it's like having a fancy car. "My tefillin have gold. My Talit is pure wool." A new sefer nobody in his minyan has yet. Or one everybody has, that he does not have. That kind of thing. You won't feel a thing, but he will be very happy.

You are contemplating getting him something YOU understand, and quite naturally love, fragrance. But that's about YOU.

This thread is really old, and I don't see a point in reviving it. But why are you imposing your opinion where it was not solicited? You don't like men who smell nice. Obviously, op does. And her husband very likely does, too. In some places, it us an oddity when a man does NOT use fragrance. And to claim that all men appreciate judaica is a ridiculous generalization.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics