Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Funny!

prettynails

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 3:59 pm
I dumped a load of laundry into my machine, not expecting excitement when it was done....
when I opened the washer door, I found clumps of white fluffy stuff (looked like snow) everywhere. as I took out the clothes, I noticed a dirty diaper that was washed with everything else! yuck Puke
I usually as my son to throw out my baby's diaper and he must have thrown it into the hamper instead! or maybe he threw it into the washer and I didn't notice it there!
I think it's funny although I don't know what to do with my clothes now... ewwwww.................

mandksima

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 4:07 pm
I'm glad you're finding the humor in a not-so-great situation. Ummm...yuck. Not sure what to tell you about the laundry but I'd definitely rewash it the hottest water and use lots of fabric softener for a better smell. I hope nothing is shrinkable in the hot water. Many people wash cloth diapers and underwear with accidents so I'm sure it will be fine...

GAMZu

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 7:15 pm
Was it dirty, or just wet?
You should have taken a picture! LOL

mama-star

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 7:24 pm
lol...once I found a pishy diaper that had gone through the wash...

yo'ma

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 8:20 pm
I've washed money before, but a diaper shock shock !

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 8:35 pm
Just pulled out a nice white fluffy panty liner gross even for me.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 11:08 pm
Our toilet overflowed and I have a ton of dirty towels. I put them in the washing machine for the highest setting, sanitary for three hours and superhot water. We'll see how it comes out.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 1:23 am
Fabulous wrote:
Our toilet overflowed and I have a ton of dirty towels. I put them in the washing machine for the highest setting, sanitary for three hours and superhot water. We'll see how it comes out.
When that happens to us, I run one setting on hot and make it short, just to rinse out the worst dirt and not to keep the towels in the dirty water for a long time.
I add vinegar to that first cycle.

2nd cycle also hot, also vinegar, but this time full time, and with detergent. 3rd cycle on hot, half amount of detergent and no vinegar.

mandksima

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 3:05 am
amother wrote:
Just pulled out a nice white fluffy panty liner gross even for me.

You might as well reuse it.

just kidding. eeewwww
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry