Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Chanukah gifts for teachers?

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:53 pm
Hiya,
So what do people give for Chanukah gifts for their kids teachers?

soldat

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:02 pm
our school was selling coupons for carwashes, I bought a bunch, and those are the gifts I'm giving.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:13 pm
The reason that I ask is that I sort of missed the deadline for the group teacher's gift, so I want to make sure to get something nice.

The other odd thing is, I was pretty sure that the group gift contribution was optional, but I got a bunch of phone calls today asking if I was sure I didnt want to participate...kind of made me feel weird....

Are they nervous that some teachers wont get something? Also, why didnt they say it was mandatory if it was?

ffbmom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 10:01 pm
My most appreciated teachers gifts are gift certificates to Starbucks, the mall, manicure, book stores. Five kids got together and got me a $50 gift cert to the mall. Each spent $10 and the $50 was nice. I also got a bracelet, which I am sure was thoughtful. Could have been costly, but I am definitely not a bracelet person. There is another teacher and I who share gifts. She gives me her pasminas and manicures and I give her the movie tickets. I don't go to movies and she doesn't do manicures. Really, it's the thought that counts, but it's nice when someone really gets something that you can use and appreciate. Oh, I never have enough really nice handcream, like Crabtree or Ahava. Especially in winter.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 20 2008, 11:01 pm
I am giving gift certificates to Eichlers or cash
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics