Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Email I received
1  2  Next

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:05 am
Quote:
The Year was 1982 (5782)

The Klausenberger Rebbe, Zt"l, was giving a Shiur the week of Parshas Lech Lecha about the times before Moshiach, he said that when Moshiach comes the world is going to have to recongnize the Yidden as the chosen people, but there are millions of people who don't even know what a Yid is, so here is the amazing part……. he said that one day a Yid is going to die in India and millions of people there will learn what a Yid is. – He said this statement 27 years ago!! If you don't believe it you can listen to the shiur by calling the following number: (212)990-7399 then press #2, (it's in Yiddish but pretty understandable) if you don't speak Yiddish, find someone who does and have him translate!!

Anyone know anything about this?

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:07 am
No.

bubby

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:10 am
I heard about this, but I didn't know the source. My DH came from Shul & told me this was the topic of discussion (don't they ever pray???)

red sea

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:10 am
Weird, it would be amazing if it were true, maybe we have a klausenberg member here?

Last edited by red sea on Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:14 am
I googled it and it seems a legit. number.
Here's the google search; if you are better at Eng/Hebrew then me than you'll know more.
[url=http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=(212)990-7399&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8]Google Search[/url]

but I'm not able to reach the pages themselves.

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:19 am
Interesting, HindaRochel. Smart idea.

I don't ever get email forwards but this one someone close to me sent. I didn't hear about it so I posted wondering if anyone else had, or for opinions.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:21 am
bubby wrote:
I heard about this, but I didn't know the source. My DH came from Shul & told me this was the topic of discussion (don't they ever pray???)

They always have the funkiest inyanim, have lechaims, discuss tons of things... I don't know where they squeeze in their davening... LOL

Bambamama

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:23 am
For those of you who understand Yiddish here is that recording of the Klausenberg Rebbe Zt"l:

rtsp://media.motion-stream.com/hevre/transvideos/bh_42147511747472008_vid.WMV

RichWithNachas

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:24 am
yes, I heard about it. In fact, papers wer given out with his exact wording. They are available for anyone who wishes.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:28 am
Bambamama wrote:
For those of you who understand Yiddish here is that recording of the Klausenberg Rebbe Zt"l:

I'm listening to something else now, will listen to this soon.

Clarissa

bubby wrote:
That made me laugh.

HindaRochel

RichWithNachas wrote:
yes, I heard about it. In fact, papers wer given out with his exact wording. They are available for anyone who wishes.

\
Link to a translation?

RichWithNachas

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:30 am
I don't have a link for translation. sorry Wink

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:30 am
Bambamama wrote:

It's very hard to understand, the audio quality is very bad.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:31 am
Could someone who is Yiddish translate it please?

sunshine!

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:41 am
I actually read it in this weeks Mishpacha.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:44 am
sunshine! wrote:
I actually read it in this weeks Mishpacha.

me too.

and there is someone from Klausenberg on the site.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:46 am
Someone have a link?

red sea

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:16 am
Ithe audio quality is not that bad but my quality of understanding yiddish is quite almost non exsistant.

eta; not bad audio quality for s/o who has no grasp of the language but apparently is difficult to make out for those who do,

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:26 am
Quote:
The Klausenberger Rebbe, Zt"l, was giving a Shiur the week of Parshas Lech Lecha about the times before Moshiach, he said that when Moshiach comes the world is going to have to recongnize the Yidden as the chosen people, but there are millions of people who don't even know what a Yid is, so here is the amazing part……. he said that one day a Yid is going to die in India and millions of people there will learn what a Yid is. – He said this statement 27 years ago!! If you don't believe it you can listen to the shiur by calling the following number: (212)990-7399 then press #2, (it's in Yiddish but pretty understandable) if you don't speak Yiddish, find someone who does and have him translate!!

And so? What are we supposed to do?

(sorry, I'm not trying to be cynical, but I really dont get the point of all these "proofs")
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics