Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What Jewish Videos do you recommend?
1  2  Next

LubavitchLeah

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 6:43 pm
I have a daughter, 9half B"H. We follow Lubavitch Lifestyle. What videos would others' recommend, besides Agent Emes, Shy Shai that she can view. Outgrown Uncle Moishy obviously.

realeez

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 6:52 pm
What about videos from high school plays?

mompete

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 7:14 pm
my daughters love menucha fuchs videos.
Also Grampa Hoshea by her as well.

LubavitchLeah

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 7:36 pm
Menucha Fuchs videos, I know nothing about, I once heard someone say the dress is not so tznius and boys/girls are often mixed playing together over the age of 9, dont know if this is nonsense or true?

7diamonds

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 7:45 pm
Since you are in Ontario, the Lubavitch Library in Thornhill offers many Jewish videos and I let my children watch anything they have-they get new things in all the time and some of them are quite good. (The librarian would help with topics and critique, I am sure.)
When we want our children not to desire to see what some of their classmates or friends are watching from secular sources, I have found it best to give them free rein at the Lubavitch Library-books too of course. This way they don't miss what they can't have-because they are too busy enjoying what they do have.
Hope this helps.

LubavitchLeah

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 8:42 pm
7 Diamonds, so nuuuu? Do we perhaps know each other:)
Actually we frequent the library at Chabad Gate very very regularly. Will be there tommorow morning IY"H. However I want to expand our own collection since we dont watch secular TV or videos, we need more videos.

7diamonds

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 11:19 pm
if it is just to expand and not specifically chinuch, kids love the fun concerts. There is a miami and circus concert, and the hasc 18 everyone loves.
You may want to try those.

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 6:44 am
theres the Rashi video which is well done but controversial for a few reasons.
I love the animated Torah Tots series, but I dont think a 9 yr old would enjoy them. im just amazed how they take the Yetzer Hara and portray it so well. There are really wonderful lessons in those stories. I think theyre brilliant. but it depends what type your 9 yr old is, I think.

nehama

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 5:42 pm
Why don't you ask at the library for suggestions? She's really good at knowing what someone will like.
Also, Dinah can ask her friends what they like. (I'll volunteer my sister as a source!)
Once you've found favorites, then buy those!

merpk

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 10:47 pm
Why is the Rashi video controversial?

The same folks who made the Rashi video (Destiny Foundation) also have one called "A Taste of Heaven" which is Baal Shem Tov stories, and a new one, "Rambam."

LubavitchLeah

Post Fri, Feb 03 2006, 12:01 am
Nehama:)))) I thought that adorable pic was your baby and ofcourse you the mother. So excited to see you on here, was not sure it was you, you just clarified it for me. So nuuu, my cover is blown huh:)

We have seen library videos until I hear them in my sleep. Got a little collection going over here too, B"H, but always on prowl for more, I'm greedy.
Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

goldrose

Post Fri, Feb 03 2006, 6:56 am
what about HAND IN HAND and I'M A CHOSSID.

uandme

Post Fri, Feb 03 2006, 12:09 pm
LubavitchLeah wrote:
Menucha Fuchs videos, I know nothing about, I once heard someone say the dress is not so tznius and boys/girls are often mixed playing together over the age of 9, dont know if this is nonsense or true?

I disagree on all these accounts.

menucha fuchs is wonderful but I haven't seen any with kids over age 9 in them. if there are kids playing together, they are younger and portrayed as siblings

wonderful middos, social skills, israeli scenery, learning and light-hearted. very appropriate, I think. (I am SUPER picky on these things; these are abou the only videos I have. and they are actually cd-roms. work without a dvd player.)

LubavitchLeah

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 9:33 pm
Yes Hand in hand, I'm a Chasid I like. Thanks for info on Menucha Fuchs, good to know:)

merpk

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 6:03 am
No one answered my question.

Upthread someone said the Rashi video was controversial

Why is it controversial?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Good Shabbos, BTW ...

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 7:41 am
uandme wrote:
LubavitchLeah wrote:

I disagree on all these accounts.

menucha fuchs is wonderful but I haven't seen any with kids over age 9 in them. if there are kids playing together, they are younger and portrayed as siblings

wonderful middos, social skills, israeli scenery, learning and light-hearted. very appropriate, I think. (I am SUPER picky on these things; these are abou the only videos I have. and they are actually cd-roms. work without a dvd player.)

My question would be : Isn't Sabba Hoshia a MAN?? OR is he?? Cause it looks like a fake beard shock Anyway these girls are allowed to hug and grab him?? Confused

merpk

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 10:47 am
Not familiar with the one you're discussing (Menucha Fuchs) but if it's a sabba, aren't little girls and big girls allowed to hug and kiss their sabbas?

shock

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Feb 17 2006, 12:49 pm
merpk wrote:
Not familiar with the one you're discussing (Menucha Fuchs) but if it's a sabba, aren't little girls and big girls allowed to hug and kiss their sabbas?

shock

WOW didn't know all those girls/boys were one big family shock

merpk

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:46 am
GR wrote:
theres the Rashi video which is well done but controversial for a few reasons.

Repeating my question, already posted twice. Why is the "Rashi" video controversial?

Maybe I need to send a PM to the original poster of this ...

gryp

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:02 pm
sorry about that, Merpk. I didnt see your question until now.
one reason its controversial is because the Catholics in the videos have real crosses around their necks, and people dont like the idea of their kids staring at the crosses throughout the video.
second reason is a (short) swordfight that boys always end up imitating.
thats all the info I know about this.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics