Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Rice Cooker Recipes

wanderer

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 1:54 pm
I bought this rice cooker / food steamer: Black and Decker Rice Cooker. Can you post the recipes you make with your rice cooker? Or a link to such recipes? I'm looking for veggie, rice (duh) and meat recipes...

Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:15 pm
I got a rice steamer cookbook from the library and liked it so much I bought it !

cookielady

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:18 pm
I use the steamer to make steamed won tons. I use an eggroll filling but fill wonton wrappers instead and steam. Really good!

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:19 pm
I don't make many things in the cooker from scratch. I like to use it to reheat leftovers. I put new rice in with frozen cooked turkey/chicken/meat. the meat/poultry comes out tasting fresh and the rice gets a good flavor. I also tend to steam zucchinis or peppers in the steamer tray. when steaming zucchini, don't slice it too thin, it'll get too soggy.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:21 pm
Capital chick posted a spanish rice recipe. She uses it a lot, I'm sure she would know.

wanderer

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:28 pm
CM, what's the name of the cookbook?

Cookielady, you make an eggroll filling, or is that something you buy?

Mummie, do you add spices and salt when you steam? Would any other vegetable work?

Thanks fab :-)

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:32 pm
http://www.ecookbooks.com/p-37......aspx

cookielady

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 2:50 pm
colorful! wrote:

Cookielady, you make an eggroll filling, or is that something you buy?

I make my own. Easy. Basically its shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, scallions, bean sprouts, fresh ginger, garlic. Sautee ( in a wok or frying pan with a small amount of oil) e/t (besides bean sprouts) until tender. Add bean sprouts. cook for another minute. Cool. Fill wrappers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics