Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Don't worry- Obama is Jewish- Proof and photos!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:28 pm
True. I am getting bitter. Something to think about.

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:29 pm
Clarissa wrote:
True. I am getting bitter. Something to think about.

www.fark.com, my source for teh non-judgemental funnay.

/Yes, I did just type in l33t 5p34k. So sue me Smile

gonewiththewind

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:38 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I did see two people who condemned the stupid, racist posts. Anyway, the whole thing did make for good reading. A bunch of inane, whacked out, paranoid, racist threads on a message board. Who doesn't enjoy that?

Ok, confession time. I posted a lot of them to make the Muslims look bad. I am Saladin and Jihadnow and a bunch of others. Then again, maybe miriamf is my fake identity to make yeshivish people look bad. Or maybe I am in the grip of the forces of darkness and I found a sick pleasure in reading whacky stuff about evil Jews. Bottom line, my therapist better get back from vacation real soon. Stupid holidays.

Last edited by gonewiththewind on Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:42 pm
miriamf wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
I did see two people who condemned the stupid, racist posts. Anyway, the whole thing did make for good reading. A bunch of inane, whacked out, paranoid, racist threads on a message board. Who doesn't enjoy that?

Ok, confession time. I posted a lot of them to make the Muslims look bad. I am Saladin and Jihadnow and a bunch of others. Then again, maybe miriamf is my fake identity to make yeshivish people look bad. Or maybe I am in the grip of the forces of darkness and I found a sick pleasure in reading whacky stuff about evil Jews. Bottom line, my therapist better get back from vacation real soon. Stupid holidays.
Please tell me that there are people here with fake identities, posting drivel to make Orthodox Jews look bad. I'll feel so much better.

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:46 pm
Clarissa wrote:
miriamf wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Please tell me that there are people here with fake identities, posting drivel to make Orthodox Jews look bad. I'll feel so much better.

If you want, I can totally enlist my DH to do it. He thinks this place is [crazy]. I don't blame him, I'm just better able to deal with it having gone to BY and heard most of the nonsense before.

gonewiththewind

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:50 pm
Yes, I'm a fake. the real me

gonewiththewind

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 9:59 pm
Tzippora wrote:

If you want, I can totally enlist my DH to do it. He thinks this place is [crazy]. I don't blame him, I'm just better able to deal with it having gone to BY and heard most of the nonsense before.

So what brings you here? You've got giant chips on your shoulders and nonstop insult anyone and everyone who is anywhere the right of you as nonsensical and [crazy]. There is absolutely no respect or understanding of others. I'm all for different viewpoints, but you don't present yours as much as express disgust at others.

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:09 pm
miriamf wrote:
Tzippora wrote:

So like, what brings you here? You've got giant chips on your shoulders and nonstop insult anyone and everyone who is anywhere the right of you as nonsensical and [crazy]. There is absolutley no respect or understanding of others. I'm all for different viewpoints, but you don't present yours as much as express disgust at others.

:LOL: I like the site and find it amusing. My DH doesn't, and I don't blame him - he's from a very different world than I am.

I have a major problem with a lot of the phenomena I see in the frum world, and I don't think I'm alone in that. Right or left isn't the point nearly as much as the fact that entire pieces of Jewish history and psak are being written out of the books. Being understanding to other people - which I try to do, when responding to people who are having a hard time with something - is very different than respecting viewpoints that I think are wrong or destructive. And I term it "nonsense" for the purpose of not using any harsher terms.

The "chips on my shoulder" are most often not chips - it's usually particular phenomena that I think are important enough to talk about and make the point. They usually have had no personal effect on my life.

But I appreciate the criticism, hope I've addressed your question.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:11 pm
so whats he gonna call himself? tzippytzippy or fueydanym?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:16 pm
I used to be a Farkette. I stopped reading Fark because I think it's prust. But funny it is, no doubt about it.

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
I used to be a Farkette. I stopped reading Fark because I think it's prust. But funny it is, no doubt about it.

Yay another Farkette! I was a Total Farkette for a while.

The trick with making Fark non-prust is to know the one rule: Just cuz they ASK for BIE, doesn't mean you have to give it to them. They're nerds and they're used to rejection. LOL

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:22 pm
Lechatchila Ariber wrote:
so whats he gonna call himself? tzippytzippy or fueydanym?

He's considering.... I'll let you know when he comes up with his fictitious nickname Smile

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:26 pm
Tzippora wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
miriamf wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Tzip, this was my husband 5 minutes ago, "Love of my life, are you on imanutter again? It's time to go to bed."

gonewiththewind

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:27 pm
Tzippora wrote:
miriamf wrote:
Tzippora wrote:

So like, what brings you here? You've got giant chips on your shoulders and nonstop insult anyone and everyone who is anywhere the right of you as nonsensical and [crazy]. There is absolutley no respect or understanding of others. I'm all for different viewpoints, but you don't present yours as much as express disgust at others.

:LOL: I like the site and find it amusing. My DH doesn't, and I don't blame him - he's from a very different world than I am.

Being understanding to other people - which I try to do, when responding to people who are having a hard time with something - is very different than respecting viewpoints that I think are wrong or destructive. And I term it "nonsense" for the purpose of not using any harsher terms.

I don't think you can justify your lack of tolerance by deciding that all these viewpoints are wrong and destructive. With that logic, all of us could explain that we don't need to be respectful of other groups. The yeshivish think the MO are doing things harmful and destructive and the MO think that the yeshivish are . And we can all attack Lubavitch, and so on and so forth. You are simply explaining that you definitely know better than everyone else, and are amused at everyone's stupidity. Everyone else, even people coming from very different places, seem to be able to refrain from constantly showering everyone with their "clever" insults and find common ground. Please try to play nicely.

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 10:54 pm
I don't definitely know better than anyone. I know that certain things I have seen be destructive - in real life. Whatever nice explanations you might have or however you might want to re-write history to support your viewpoint, I will make my case. Feel free to make your as well, I'm listening. Part of that case has to be why a particular idea does not have negative practical consequences that actually effect people's lives. But it's hard to debate this with you when I'm not quite sure what topic you're referring to.

I will also almost always back myself up with where I got this psak or a halachic reasoning, if it's an issue of law.

But I certainly don't claim to be clever.

gonewiththewind

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 11:05 pm
Fair enough, next time something comes up we'll talk facts.
At this time, I was only referring to the type of comments I have noticed you make, such as in this thread, that you are better able to deal with this nonsense than your husband, having gone to BY. I don't know what nonsense you are referring to exactly, but I was pointing out that these comments seem mean spirited. Do you really think it is fair to insult the entire Bais Yaakov system based on some posts you don't like?
And you do seem clever, so this will be fun.

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 11:16 pm
My DH grew up MO in Florida. He has never been exposed to some of the more... extraordinary ideas right-wing people, particularly in NY, have to offer. I grew up in NY, and in a more right-wing school and environment and so was exposed to more of this. He came to NY and was completely blindsided by what the right-wing frum world (and the rest of the frum world in NY) is like. He therefore has much less patience for dealing with it. That's all.

Thank you for the compliment, and I look forward to much friendly sparring! Smile

greentiger

Post Fri, Jan 02 2009, 4:06 am
Quote:
Helen Keller the woman who founded this sign for the deaf also happened to be an occultist (satanist).

Confused Confused Confused

Raisin

Post Fri, Jan 02 2009, 5:44 am
wow, all I can say is that site makes the stupidest posters on here look intelligent.

ora_43

Post Fri, Jan 02 2009, 5:57 am
The "Baruch Ahaba" post (by newsrelease) was obviously a joke. And very funny, IMO.

"Loosely translated, "Baruch" means "death to non-Jews.' " Heh.

Unfortunately, all the rants by all the other posters appear to be completely serious.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics