Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate Mousse
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 4:33 pm
I got the "base" recipe at a Tupperware party, but improved on it; it's simple, light, and amazing!

It's got no raw eggs in it, and it doesn't use melted chocolate, so it's much less calories than regular mousse.

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

2 packages Rich's or Gefen whip
4-6 T sugar (or mixture of sugar & Splenda)
4-6 T cocoa
2 T Kahlua (the kosher one) or rum (optional)

You whip the whip (lol) in a mixer; you can do it by hand (like in the Tupperware grinder) but it won't be as thick.

Add the cocoa, sweetener, and the licquer gradually. Let cool in fridge (or freezer) and spoon into dessert bowls or chocolate cups to serve. Garnish with cinnamon or more cocoa. Or chocolates! Or half a cut up cookie!

Recipe can be half, doubled, tripled, and even frozen! Enjoy it!

Sara

TzenaRena

Post Sat, Feb 04 2006, 4:42 pm
Thanks SaraG. This looks easy and quick!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 12:05 pm
I posted this in Kitchen rather than in Recipes, can a Mod or Adm move it? Thanks!

queen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 11:09 am
thanks saraG!
my recipe uses EIGHT eggs, so good to have this one at last!

LubavitchLeah

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 11:23 am
8 EGGS, MINE TO Queen, will try this, sounds healthier, I bet it still tastes great with real cocoa as a substitute for melted choclate. Thank You!

queen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 11:26 am
I know, thinking about it now, it does sound outrageous!!!!
however think about Bobkas.... I thnk they use SEVERAL sticks of margerine!!!! Those recipes are not for me!

shayna82

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:06 pm
sara g- how long do u whip the whip for?
until peaks form?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:48 pm
The box says 8-12 minutes; it depends on your mixer, though, until the whip can peak.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:51 pm
WHy so long?

shayna82

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:53 pm
I find it usually takes like 15 to get to that point, and I have a good kitchenaid.

also sarag, how much does it make? Im having a lot of people, around 18. you think I should triple it?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 12:54 pm
It's very rich and you can serve small portions, if you want to...but what else are you serving for dessert, and what are you putting it in? Dishes or chocolate cups?

For you, I would make three packages of whip together, and use a big bowl in my mixer. It might take more time, though.

Yum....................

shayna82

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 1:01 pm
I got these plastic -look like glass dessert bowls, that are 6 onces each, just the right size. I was thinking of making the chocolate moouse and these pecan moca cookies I just made for shabbos that came out great. I thnk thats enough dessert.

so you think triple it ay?

im so excited for it

thanks for all your help!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 1:04 pm
6 oz is a lot of mouse! three containers should do it, though.....and you don't have to fill it all the way, leave some room on top for a dollop or sprinke of something.

shayna82

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 1:05 pm
yeah I wont fill it all the way , plus im having 4 children also. I was thinking, whipp cream on top? or its too much cream? some sprinkles? cherry?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 1:10 pm
Ah, yes, this is the fun part!

You can do a dollop of the white whip, before you add the chocolate...you can do a sprinkle of just plain cocoa...

You can do colorful sprinkles, thre are many colors and shapes on the market these days...

You can pop in a Presidor wafer, you know, the thin kinds that look like a small straw? That's my favorite, for adults anyway.....

shayna82

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 1:15 pm
good idea, I think im gonna do just the wafer roll, maybe just sprinkles for kids, I already have some. Thumbs Up

shayna82

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 1:18 pm
SaraG wrote:
It's very rich and you can serve small portions, if you want to...but what else are you serving for dessert, and what are you putting it in? Dishes or chocolate cups?

For you, I would make three packages of whip together, and use a big bowl in my mixer. It might take more time, though.

Yum....................

so your saying to triple it?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 3:37 pm
The recipe I posted is for two packages of whip, so you wouldn't want to double that. You would want to use 1/3 more of each ingredient.

If you have trouble figuring it out, don't be shy - PM me.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 2:33 am
Hiya,

I know this is from AGES ago, but thanks so much for the recipe! Just made it now and froze for yom tov.

I made one big one in a clear plastic bowl, layered choc, vanilla, choc, and sprinkles choc chips on top. I ate so much while making it that I had to make a borei nefashos ( embarrassed )

SZH

Post Mon, May 14 2012, 3:05 am
Thank you for bumping this thread recipe looks delicious
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics