Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to cover babies with blankets at night if they're moving

mochacoffee

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 12:18 pm
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question but how do you cover your baby/babies with a blanket at night if they move around the entire night? My twins move around their cribs the whole night so a blanket wont stay and I don't want to leave it loose in the crib because that can be dangerous. I'm paranoid as it is with things covering their faces at night and now that the winter is coming I cannot figure this one out. Besides for very warm pajamas are there any solutions?

SplitPea

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 12:22 pm
They make wearable blankets http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....86-20

They have them thick and thin. All different sizes. You can get them online or at any baby store Smile

Beyla

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 12:28 pm
SplitPea wrote:
They make wearable blankets http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....86-20

This.
Now my problem is that my baby often falls asleep before I have the time to put him inside. And I'm scared to wake him up if I try.

abmom

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 1:18 pm
I swaddle my baby. (Not recomended once the baby rolls over.) I use the Miracle Blanket http://www.miracleblanket.com/ , but you can also use a regular blanket. (the one w/ the footprints that the hospital gives is big enough.) Put the blanket on a flat surface, and place the baby w/ his/her shoulders at the top center. Wrap the 2 sides over him/her. Take the bottom and fold it over the baby so the bottom center is above his/her chest. Wrap the bottom 2 sides under the baby.

scrltfr

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 1:20 pm
abmom wrote:
I swaddle my baby. (Not recomended once the baby rolls over.) I use the Miracle Blanket http://www.miracleblanket.com/ , but you can also use a regular blanket. (the one w/ the footprints that the hospital gives is big enough.) Put the blanket on a flat surface, and place the baby w/ his/her shoulders at the top center. Wrap the 2 sides over him/her. Take the bottom and fold it over the baby so the bottom center is above his/her chest. Wrap the bottom 2 sides under the baby.

I also use miracle blanket. I dress him warm or cool underneath depending on the temp. And always socks.

bubbebia

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 1:21 pm
That's why G-d created blanket sleepers!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 1:24 pm
Babies don't have to be all that warm.

Warm the room a bit with an electric heater if it's chilly.

A baby doesn't have to be any warmer than what would be comfortable for you.

A ceiling fan is very useful.

Leave the door open.

mummy123

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 2:30 pm
My kids wear growbags from newborn and my 2.5 year old is still wearing one.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 2:32 pm
My issue is the changing temps. I'll put them to bed appropriately dressed, and then in the middle of the night I'll wake up and it's freezing, and all I can think about is how to get the kids to keep the blankets on. No one wants to risk waking a sleeping baby to get him into a swaddle blanket or sleep sack.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 2:51 pm
Isn't a sleeping baby an ok baby? If he were unacceptably cold, he would wake up and cry about it, no?

Maybe ask the ped, who knows your local weather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics