Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Wheels for car seat (britax)

rise above

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 8:05 pm
I am travelling with my 15 month old, and was thinking of bringing along my car seat instead of renting with the car ($50). Last time I travelled I noticed people wheeling their car seats- it looked like some sort of piece with wheels that you attach the car seat to.
I googled it and I think it was something like this:
http://www.gogobabyz.com/produ......html

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these, and if they work well, if anyone here lives in Lakewood/NYC area and would have one of these to lend me LOL

mamacita

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 12:58 am
I recently travelled as well. I looked at different things like what you posted and this:

Which is what I would have bought if I'd had enough time to arrange it. What we ended up doing is keeping dd in her stroller and strapped the carseat to the luggage to shlep it, but without dd in it.

rise above

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 9:17 am
That looks good as we're bringing a stroller along as well.
How does the car seat get attached to the wheelie in this picture? what product is this?

Inspired

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 9:33 am
rise above wrote:
That looks good as we're bringing a stroller along as well.
How does the car seat get attached to the wheelie in this picture? what product is this?

Its the traveling toddler.
Its just a strap the has rings that attaches to the LATCH harnesses of the seat around a wheeled suitcase. We used one and it was great! If I get a chance maybe I'll put up a pic for ya.

rise above

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 8:24 pm
Thanks - that looks good, just deciding if it's worth the express shipping because I need it next week.

newmom

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 10:19 am
I own the travelling toddler because I didnt want to spend the $$ for the go-go kidz and then have to find a place to store it. It worked fine, but practice in your house first to adjust the straps, ect if you decide to get one.

rise above

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 10:23 am
Thanks.
If I bring along the car seat like that, will they give me a problem if I bring to the gate that plus a carriage? I know if I ask the airline they will tell me I can only bring one baby item to go under the plane, but I'm asking from all your experiences if you ever had a problem bring both?

newmom

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 10:35 am
I didnt have that problem because I bought my baby a seat- so we took the car seat on the plane. I'm not sure if they would have gate checked 2 items.

newmom

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 10:46 am
Actually, you can check your stroller as a piece of luggage when you check in, then gate check the carseat. The point of the strap is that you don't have to lug your stroller around the airport.

rise above

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 1:03 pm
Well in my case I woud like to take along both the car seat and the stroller, and did not buy a seat for ds because it's a short flight.

mom23

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 4:52 pm
I'm not sure that you can gate check a stroller and a car seat. Every time we traveled, and didn't buy a seat for the child who needed the car seat, we checked the car seat in as baggage.

It is counted as a piece of luggage if you do that though.

mamacita

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:31 pm
We gate checked a double stroller and 2 toddler seats no prob.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics