Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Juice boxes

Ima2

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 10:20 pm
Do most mothers give their 3 yo juice boxes for lunch at school? I usually don't and the school provides water, which apparently dd drinks, but I feel like she should be drinking more while at school. They only give drinks during snacks and lunch.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 10:32 pm
Ds gets lunch and drinks in school. They don't seem thirsty and get drinks a few times a day.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 11:04 pm
No, as I don't want ds drinking juice. We try to limit his intake to water, but when he was sick and not eating or drinking anything, all bets were off. It was juice to drink and ice cream to eat.

I think water is best...

Ima2

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 11:15 pm
I think water is best also. Infact, for the 1st 3 years of her life she ONLY drank water! Some exceptions like milk and chocolate milk on occasion, OJ, juice on shabbos etc...but since my youngest was on a medication that made her constipated, I was giving her diluted apple juice to ease her issues. Now my older one wants juice all the time too. At home she refuses to drink water and wants juice. Now I have it in the house and I try to limit her intake of juice (not only apple). but at school, I was wondering what other parents do.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 11:16 pm
ds' school serves only water. at snack and at lunch.

drumjj

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 2:00 am
I send my kids to school with a drink its in their own bottle and its dialuted orange squash. I dont know what u call orange squash in america. and its usually pretty weak. in school they also give them water and squash in nursery I think and the older kids get water as far as I know. although mine are a few of the only kids who take their own lunches

de_goldy

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:42 am
I teach in a preschool. We serve only water except on friday for shabbos party each child gets less than an inch of diluted grape juice.

We give water at snack and at lunch always, and in between if the children are thirsty they can take for themselves. (sinks and cups are at child height)

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:52 am
I don't send juice. DS has water and gets 1 cup of milk while at nursery school.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 8:26 am
In my kids school they serve water and warm tea. The kids like it because I think they pour tons of sugar in it. My bigger kids, I give them a bottle of water.

In camp, where they are now, I give all of them a bottle of water and the camp provides them with soda Exploding anger .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers