Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you tell ...

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 5:02 pm
if you brake something do you tell or hide it ...

my dd broke my coffee press ... (yeah it's my other addiction) but I caught her putting the glass in a paper lunch bag and into the trash - saw a mischievous face and asked what that was ... was even she gonna tell me - now I yelled at her for NOT telling me - especially when it's something I like & use every day ... Rolling Eyes Mad Confused Exploding anger Banging head

I don't get it - why don't people say - oops sorry I broke this ... sure I would've felt bad but not mad ...

supermama2

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 5:11 pm
I dunno..If I feared the wrath of someone, I'd probably put it in a paper bag and throw it away but if I was comfortable w/ the person then I'd tell and apologize...
BUT if the person used that thing every day for cryin' out loud...you have to fess up either way..ding..
Cm'on greenie...you just say " oh my dearest sweet daughter...if ever this happens again...please tell me so I can take care of the problem right away...." OY heaven forbid one get btwn. a coffee drinker and her coffee...sheesh Wink
Speaking of which...think it's time for an afternoon perk Cheers

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 5:12 pm
When I was in NY, my 9 yr old ds called just to tell me that he broke something. I was annoyed that he called just for that b/c I couldn't do anything about it anyway. It was good though b/c by the time I got home, I cooled off. In the end, I misunderstood what he said broke and I couldn't care less. He didn't call when he climbed on the pantry shelf Rolling Eyes and broke it Exploding anger .

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 5:14 pm
btw - I have proof that I could be level headed, kind, forgiving ... because last year I saw my other dd break it - as it dropped into the sink ... my response was ever so kind - "oh well, things happen" and I purchased a new one ...

this one is even my cutie - but she hid it from me ... and that is why I feel the wrath of greenfire - uncontollably taking over ... Twisted Evil

I'll have some gin please Cheers that oughtta make me forget ...

EsaEinai

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 5:19 pm
im totally the type that would hide it... id be too embarrassed to fess up!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 5:22 pm
well - now she's ignoring me ... What

supermama2

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 6:36 pm
greenfire wrote:
well - now she's ignoring me ... What

Rolling Eyes women...
and for some strange reason, though I have 4 boys kah' I want a little girl... Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 6:51 pm
I could never figure out if the consequences of not telling would be worse than if I did tell. I always told but with such trepidation. I never knew if she would shrug it off or go on a verbal abuse rampage Crying

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 6:53 pm
I don't understand how she couldn't tell you - what would happen the next day? You're just gonna go searching for it and never find it? How old is she?

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 6:56 pm
Reminds me of one of my girls who always put the empty OJ container back in the fridge.

Confused WHY???!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 7:25 pm
well - as the words to a song go "I'd rather hurt you honestly than mislead you with a lie" Music

she's 14 and old enough to know better - especially because I would miss it ...

to the abused amother - please don't assume my cutie pie & I have your bad mother/daughter issues ...

as for the oj container - maybe she felt guilty for finishing it up - so she left the evidence ... I would bury mine ...

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 9:36 pm
we were once playing ball in the living/dining room and broke the glass in a picture frame. we cleaned it up and said nothing. not sure if/when my mom ever realized it...........

mama-star

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 10:50 pm
lol... my mom loaned me a fascinating coffee table type book about influential people of the 20th century. it fell on my floor and my baby ripped a few pages. I know if I told her she would be ticked off, because my kids always seem to find a way to wreck her stuff. so I figured I would just buy her a new one, and she wouldn't be the wiser. meanwhile it's been a couple of months already so I think she forgot about the book entirely, and that's fine by me.

Nomad

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 11:58 pm
just a quick thought...maybe when she comes over you can ask her to bring food with her (it doesnt sound like she has much to do and would have time to make food). so this way, it can be somewhat of a relief for you...

she doesnt sound like shes malicious or anything - just doesnt understand boundaries.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 12:01 am
Nomad wrote:
just a quick thought...maybe when she comes over you can ask her to bring food with her (it doesnt sound like she has much to do and would have time to make food). so this way, it can be somewhat of a relief for you...

she doesnt sound like shes malicious or anything - just doesnt understand boundaries.

huh ?! Scratching Head

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 10:10 pm
My mom made a quilt -with pictures ironed on- that she gave to mu ds. He didnt take very good care of it, so when my mom was coming to visit, I washed the quilt-and all the pictures washed out!!!

I was afraid she'd be very disappointed in ds & me, but when I showed it to her, she just smiled and said "oh, well I know how to do those pictures better now".

I was tempted to hide it from her, but she had been thinking about entering it into a contest. she didnt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette