Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Florida?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 3:47 pm
Can anyone advise me about nice communities in South Florida? We are looking to move.. What have you heard.. good and bad?

shoy18

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 3:58 pm
Hollywood, has a nice up and coming jewish community, with a young israel and a chabad. the schools are a little ways a way but not too far.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 8:20 pm
Coral Springs has an amazing chabad community. My husband and children and I are moving there in July. They have a wonderful community day school that has received all kinds of awards, many earnest hard working families, and the housing is affordable. We looked into other areas in Florida but I definetly found this to be the nicest.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 8:59 pm
Aventura is the way to go in Florida. It is really nice and expensive Crying but its worth it. It is so nice here! We would love to have you! LOL

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 4:19 pm
I heard that the lubab community in Aventira is non existant and the housing is crazy... Who is Rabbi there?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 7:07 pm
I have also heard amazing things about Coral Springs.. My friend sends her kids to the school there and is beyond happy with it... The chabad community there is strong and is growing... lots of young couples with kids..

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 7:49 pm
What about Miami Beach???

Sunflower99

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 7:12 am
Miami Beach is very expensive, and the community there is older. Most people have been living there for 20 years. For a younger crowd, there's Bal Harbor, which is also expensive but there are more apartments in that area (Surfside). The Shul is very active and there's alot going on for every member in the family. Ft Lauderdale is growing and there are a few Shluchim there with busy Chabad houses, but the community is mostly recent Bal Teshuvas. The big Chabad school, Landow, is in North Miami and most kids drive Miami, Bal Harbor, Ft Lauderdale, Hallendale, even Boca and Coral Springs to school so its not necessary to live right near the school. Boca is beautiful and there's even a little Chabad school there. There are a lot of nice communities in Florida and it's a great place to live. Keep on mind however that you will need 2 cars as public transportation is pretty limited and that there arent any neighborhoods that are mamash all frum people door to door. It's a peaceful life, but there aint no Boro Park....

amother

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 8:07 am
I went to Boca for shabbos once.. YUCK!!!!! TOO JAPPY!!!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 10:55 am
North Miami Beach is a very fast growing community, more affordable housing, not as glam as some other places (surfside, miami beach), but great lubavitch comm. and about 5 dif. shuls within walking distance from my house!! the home prices are going up but still more affordable than most others-you can finid a three bedroom house for like 300-400 000.
also some rentals and condos for sale.
its 10 min from broward county, close to highways for commuting, great shopping close by, llike 100 chabad families. the Rav is Rabbi Marlow, a new bigger shul is slated to be built soon to accomodate the amazing growth. 3 miles to the beach.
ive been living here for 2 yrs and very happy. no kids in school yet though so cant comment on the chinuch.
let me know if u have more questions..

amother

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 6:29 pm
thanks for all your help..
NMB is out the question.. its so ugy (sorry to those of you living there)..
Boca is a possibility at this point.. and we arew also checking into ?Coral Springs,, Can anyone tell me anything about it.. heard there are no restraunts??

amother

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 7:14 pm
I used to live in NMB and while it may not be as luxurious as Boca or Bal Harbor it definitely makes up for it in every other way. I think it is sad to chose to live somewhere based on aesthetics. NMB is a very diverse community with many different Chassidish sects, Litvish people, BTs, and FFBs. I personally think it is the best community in South Florida and I have been actively invovled in all of the other communities. Miami Beach is older and more established and extremely expensive. Many people that have recently moved to NMB from Miami Beach have done so b/c it was way too expensive there. Boca is quite modern, and Hollywood, Aventura, and Bal Harbor cater motsly to an Israeli, South American traditional Jew. Coral Springs is a nice Chabad community, but NMB is more afforable and I think has more to offer. As far as a young Chabad community NMB is growing by leaps and bounds with tons of young families with kids. It is also a great community for any frum person you don't have to be Chabad.

zkalan

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 5:51 pm
We spent a shabbat in Ormand Beach/Daytona Beach, a very nice and welcoming community, mostly Israelis with a chabad. I believe they have a day care starting from 3 y.o, and they are building a school there as well. They have a 1 y.o gorgeous mikvah, and very nice people. Hope that helps.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 10:31 pm
ormond beach is not the place to settle down with a family.! there is nothing there! so far from EVERYTHING. crazy to suggest!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics