Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
What vegtables to use with flaked salmon

vieuwpoint

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 1:32 pm
im making sheva brachos and want to serve flaked salmon. was wondering which vegtables to serve with it. I have tall glasses and want to put some vegtables first with flaked salmon on top.
Also any ideas for a nice sauce, was thinking of mixing ketchup and mayonnaise together...

pinktichel

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 1:35 pm
I always do angel hair pasta on bottom, followed by shredded lettuce and topped with flaked salmon. I drizzle with honey mustard dressing. It tasted delicious and looks beautiful. I do it on a plate but in a glass would look gorgeous!!

cl

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 2:21 pm
shredded lettuce goes really well at the bottom, u can mix in some finely cut carrot for colour (or u can use coloured lettuces) an top with a blob of mayo and cherry tomato or a twist of lemon.
asparagus, sugar-snap peas and raw green beans also go with salmon.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:08 pm
I have done this similarly as a mini-trifle. Assorted shredded veggies in layers. Personally, I'd use something like lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, then salmon flaked topped with a cucumber sauce.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics