Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Borekas

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:32 am
I bought ready borekas to put in the oven. My dh said 10 mins would be ok but they were like cold and soft. It took a LOT more time, and still they were no good and not crusty, and very pale. But I though half an hour in the oven at 180 would be enough, I didn't dare doing more...

Also I forgot to put aluminium under them and two of them "leaked", while the others fell through!! omg...

Any tip?

TheBeinoni

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:39 am
Firstly, place them on baking paper (parchment paper) next time - much easier and they don't stick to it like they would on foil. Also, 10 minutes I think is maybe too short. I usually would do maybe 20 minutes or until golden brown at 325 (which is a little less than 180 c). Did you defrost them first? That may have been the problem. Just take them straight from the freezer to the preheated oven and voila (sp?)!

sarahnurit

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 2:41 pm
I think that the oven should be much warmer, and yes, put parchment paper under and throw them in the oven while they are still frozen...

cookielady

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 5:04 pm
Brushing them with egg yolk also helps it get a golden color.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 5:21 pm
maybe defrost them first next time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes