Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What have you never cooked before?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:32 pm
Me first - homemade pasta. Next!

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:34 pm
saraG are you a "good" - gourmet cook?

I'm still growing my cooking skills. Started out with NOTHING when I got married - not even macaroni!

So there's plenty I've not made!

stuffed cabbage- too much of a patchke

red sea

Lots and lots and lots of stuff I've never cooked!

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 7:02 pm
I've never (gasp!) baked challahs or anything that requires yeast! Tried once, dough didn't rise, don't know what went wrong, never attempted again!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 7:18 pm
I have never, and will probably never make p'cha. It is made from the gelatin of chicken feet and tastes very greasy. It is a Jewish delicacy but I DON'T LIKE P'CHA! Whenever I sub in the Chedar I tell the kids that whoever does not behave will get p'cha. The kids then bang the desks chanting"We want p'cha!" I was worried that the chedar would then have a whole generation of non-p'cha eaters but the mothers assured me that they don't eat it either. PHew! P'cha is generally eaten on Shabbos by day because even our feet are elevated and p'cha reminds us of feet.

technic

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 7:32 pm
sthing edible!!!

daisy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 10:31 pm
I've never made a roast!

Crayon210

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 10:33 pm
southernbubby, you are hysterical.

There are many things I have not yet made, but I am working on experimenting more and more in the kitchen so I have a variety of dishes to choose from when I cook.

zigi

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 12:30 am
home made gefilte fish my dh would love it if I did, but I refuse to sew the fish up with the skin on it!

sarahd

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 5:45 am
southernbubby wrote:
I have never, and will probably never make p'cha. It is made from the gelatin of chicken feet and tastes very greasy. It is a Jewish delicacy but I DON'T LIKE P'CHA!

Excuse me, real ptcha/galareta is made of beef knee bones, not chicken feet, and is yummy and a real delicacy. I wouldn't touch chicken ptcha either, though.

imanut

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 10:58 am
it would be easier to list what I have cooked. I hate cooking Sad

red sea

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 11:37 am
RE : ptcha

very funny story ( when it happened anyways) : when I was in sem we had an ulpan teacher who was all business, one day as she was going in rapid hebrew teaching us words she got to a word none of us knew, she kept explaining it in hebrew, getting really seriously angry at us that we still kept saying "WHAT"? , then after a good 10-15 minutes she gave in not very happily and said fine, she'll tell us the word in english because she's not going to let us waste the entire class, so she goes "ptcha" and all of us students go "what's that?" , none of us had ever heard of it and she had to explain the recipe basically, she thought we were from mars not america that we never heard of/ate it, plus she was quite angry because I think she doubted our sincerity. We were all quite repulsed at the descript, I don't know how all of you know what it is, but if not for that I would not have known what you guys were talking about either if this thread was before my shul's kiddaishim started getting completely overboard! That is one food I do not plan on ever cooking!

(and if you were in my class hi, but don't tell which sem I went to - okay? pm me.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen