Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Too big for Bosch?

cm

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 4:41 pm
I made a challah recipe calling for six pounds of flour today. It was actually kind of funny - the cover of my Bosch kept flying off as the dough popped up through the splash ring. What's the max you can knead at once in a Bosch Universal (original, not Plus)? TIA!

creativemommyto3

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 1:47 pm
Did you use the stainless steel bowl? If you did then it should be okay.

mali

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 3:10 pm
I used the stainless steel bowl with 3 kilos. that's about 6 1/2 lbs. it was fine.

cm

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 6:26 pm
It's the white plastic bowl. I guess I'll stick to 5 pounds-or-less recipes from now on.

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 7:32 pm
I know what you mean. Sometimes my doughs seem to have a soul of their own. I use the stainless steel one because of the dough hook it came with but it appears to eb the same size as the white one. I think it depends on the order that you add the ingredients. I fill a pitcher with the liquidy stuff, and alternate between flour and pouring slowly.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:02 pm
I use the stainless steel bowl, but I learned that I have to hold down the cover of the mixer when I knead the dough - I've broken one mixer ring this way.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:10 pm
I use the stainless steel bowl. I inherited my mother's. My sister used to try with 6 lb and it used to break all the time. Now I use 5 lb and bh it's fine.

Cdlf

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 10:52 am
Can I use 7 lbs. in the silver bowl? is there a mixer that I can safely do that? If you were to buy a new mixer woould you buy a bosch or what else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads