Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Why is my deli roll so soggy??
Previous  1  2

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 9:07 am
I make a mix of mustard and mayo. The mayo keeps the mustard and deli from drying out.

In addition, since there is now more surface mass, you don't need to bake it that long.

The main reason things get soggy or undercooked is because the inner layers steam. There aren't enough vents for the trapped steam to escape. By cutting them in 1 inch wide rolls before baking, things can bake quickly and not get soggy.

Riffy

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:56 pm
I put fried onions and honey in my deli roll with the mustaard and deli. comes out yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Mamish Mama

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 7:59 pm
YESHA-

Could you post your recipe for the deli roll, it looks yummy, and such a nice presentation.

Thanks.

chilled

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 8:26 pm
lol, my "deli rolls" are whole wheat wraps, with wasami sauce, mayo and mustard, ketchup, deli, lettuce, all rolled up, with pretty toothpicks, and a pickle and olive to garnish each mini roll!

yash

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:16 pm
malki22 wrote:
I recently started makeing deli roll and the inside is too soggy. even when I bake and then cover to avoid burning its still so soggy. I put in mayo and musterd. any tips? Its like the inside isnt baked at all. Ive left it 2 hours some times

I like to put mine on the bottom rack of the oven, and I find that the liquid cooks out quicker. it usually works out well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes