Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Sorry, wrong number!!!!

dainty diva

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 1:11 pm
So, you ruuuun to pick up the phone, only to hear someone is looking for Mrs. X, fine, the problem is---you're Mrs. Y. So you say, SWN!! The phone rings again, the caller doesn't realize, she's got a wrong number again!!! Do you answer straight forward, SWN, or are you a little more creative in answering?

grin

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 2:47 pm
I usually ask then which number she's trying to dial, so she can find out if she copied the number wrong or just misdialed again.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 2:55 pm
don't ask what I do when it's 4:22 am Twisted Evil first I interrogated Banging head then I called the police Twisted Evil

now for my next plan ...

grin

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 3:02 pm
we have a voip telephone with a NY #, so wrong numbers here do happen in truth at 4 AM - BH not often (and not yet time after time, or I may get to be like greenie!)!

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 3:04 pm
by the way this really happened this morning and I am still witchy grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Twisted Evil

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 3:19 pm
actually, we have a number that aparently is just like someone else's number because we keep on and keep on getting wrong numbers for them. I even called bezek up to try and find out what their number is so that I could tell people who called for them their correct number, but they were not listed.
ive gotten calls from doctors offices as well as last week we got a call from some court office for them.
its annoying but its even more annoying when that doc office called and left a message. thank g-d they left their number and I was able to call back and tell them that the number was a wrong number.

octopus

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 4:43 pm
hehehehehe, I remember when my parents had a person calling their house every day asking for george washington. My father told him he died almost 300 years ago!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:35 pm
I had a guy call and ask for Henry. Informed him it was the wrong number. He called again, I told him once more. Then he called a few more times and left messages. This was over a week or so. The next time he called, I picked up, told him that he's been calling the wrong number all this time.
I started to tell him that he left a few messages here that Henry will never hear, but I didn't get past the word "messages," when he said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll erase them."
Rolling Laughter

Aribenj

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:37 pm
First time offense: sorry, wrong number
Second time offense: Um, you still got the same wrong number
Third time offense: Don't pick up.

debsters1101

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:40 pm
hehe I once told someone she had the wrong number and she didn't believe me!! she was looking for her friend Anne so I was like sorry you have the wrong number so she said oh stop it anne thats not funny!! she literally KEPT CALLING BACK and texting and I could NOT convince her she had the wrong number. lol. eventually I just stopped picking up.

Amital

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 12:31 pm
I have this happening a few times a week for a lumberyard, and several additional times each week for some guy that the recruiters are crazy to hire. Something techie related. It's gotten so bad that almost all of our messages are for these other people! Our message used to give our names and say leave a message.

Now, our answering machine message now says something like "You've reached X and Y. If you're looking for X, or Y, congratulations! You've got the right number! Please leave us a message. However, if you're looking for someone else, anyone else, you've got the WRONG NUMBER. Please don't leave a message--whoever you are looking for is NOT here, they will NOT hear it! Please look up the number again, and good luck. Have a great day."

I still occasionally get messages, but not as often. Finally. Very Happy

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 1:00 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
hehe I once told someone she had the wrong number and she didn't believe me!! she was looking for her friend Anne so I was like sorry you have the wrong number so she said oh stop it anne thats not funny!! she literally KEPT CALLING BACK and texting and I could NOT convince her she had the wrong number. lol. eventually I just stopped picking up.

When I was younger and nastier, I probably would have told her that I indeed am Anne, but had decided that I couldn't stand her and her juvenile behavior any more, and that if she continued to all me, I'd get a restraining order.

Either that or press a button -- any button -- on your phone, and say *yes, Operator, this is the harassing call I want traced. Yes, I agree to prosecute.*

grin

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:45 pm
Barbara wrote:
Either that or press a button -- any button -- on your phone, and say *yes, Operator, this is the harassing call I want traced. Yes, I agree to prosecute.*

Thumbs Up

JC

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:19 pm
I do not have caller ID, and I feel so bad about it today.

I got a long message on my answering machine from a very young boy to his grandma saying how much he enjoyed her visit and how much fun he had and how he cant wait till she comes back to see him and please call him back soon. I wish I had his phone number to let his mom know it didnt go through... I hope grandma calls him soon.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:32 pm
Over the last couple of years I've had several phone calls asking for a particular bank!

I usually tell them I wish I could help them but....

Apple pie

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:44 pm
Our number used to be the number for a police station... Confused
We get some interesting phone calls...

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 8:25 pm
when I was engaged I called DH and got hte wrong number but thoguht he was just playing games with me... took me like a bunch of phone calls and embarrasing conversations to re-look up his number and noticed I was off a digit embarrassed

toastedbagel

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 7:59 am
As a kid we would sometimes get calls for a Jewish chiropracter - the first two digits were dif, last five were the same.
When DH and I moved in to our first home, WE accidentally gave everyone the wrong number, it was for a plumber! embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics