Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Aaron Ephraim ben Esther

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 5:48 pm
Please say tehillim for Aaron Ephraim ben Esther, he had a massive car accident and they want to pull the plug.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 6:09 pm
Hashem yisborech !!!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 6:10 pm
Refuah Shelima!!!

IamI

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 4:52 am
said Tehillim. Refuah Sheleima!!

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 6:46 am
Please say tehillim now, as my dh went to try to sway the decision in favor of keeping him on life support.

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 6:47 am
BTW, thank you Shakleemom for posting this.

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 11:23 am
Please keep up your tefillos. We are working very hard to keep him here, and give him a chance to recover. We are fighting the family, or better yet, trying to show them the real yiddish way. For better news, he did show a tear before, and when wiped, did move. SO please storm the heavens. Thanks. May we hear only good news soon.

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 1:03 pm
bump

Tzippora

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 3:30 pm
Aaron is fantastic and I hope he pulls through.... I just found out this was the person I know. But... it doesn't look good Sad

And I just saw him a couple of weeks ago.... If anyone talking to the family can make sure his wife is taken care of, it would be much appreciated Crying

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 8:59 pm
Tzippora wrote:
Aaron is fantastic and I hope he pulls through.... I just found out this was the person I know. But... it doesn't look good Sad

And I just saw him a couple of weeks ago.... If anyone talking to the family can make sure his wife is taken care of, it would be much appreciated Crying

How do you know him? Wink

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 9:00 pm
And yes, we are trying to take care of the family, wife included.

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 7:17 am
Things don't look too good right now. Please keep on praying.

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 9:09 am
BD"E Crying

Tzippora

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 9:50 am
boruchhashem wrote:
BD"E Crying

Oh no... BDE Crying

I knew him from YU. He was amazing to me and my husband - he treated us (hubby's neck and shoulders, my back and legs), hung out with us, spoke with us, and was always just a complete mensch. Always had a good story to tell, too.

How did you know him?

Also - my friend put on Facebook video of him wishing us all a good shabbos. I'm gonna miss him a lot. Crying

Do we know about a levaya - when and where?

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 11:48 am
I think it will be tomorrow. As soon as I know for sure, I will let you know. ( We knew him from him working with my dh as a medic all these years.) Crying

Zahava

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 12:26 pm
BD"E. Such a sad story. Sounds like he was an amazing person.

dainty diva

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 1:36 pm
Can we hear more about this? Who was this nice person and what happened?

Tzippora

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:17 pm
Some links:
http://www.yu.edu/athletics/

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

He was a former NYC cop who also was a top medic and physical therapist, athletics trainer, law enforcement officer, etc, etc , etc. One of the funniest, nicest guys I've known. It's not well known, but he worked for YU as tzedaka - Heaven knows they didn't pay him anything close to market rate. But he did it to give back to the community.

My close friends were with him last Wednesday night, just hanging in the trainer's lounge. My husband's teammate might have been blind and/or disfigured if Aaron hadn't gotten to him and gotten him to a top surgeon - a baseball pitch shattered the guy's eye socket. He convinced me to start running and to keep running, and kept my hips, knees and feet in place every time I jarred them out of place. For free. Because he was a good guy.

Same goes for how he worked with the community of Kiryas Yoel. I don't even know how much is known about how much he did within that community, but he and his wife worked closely with people there and... he did a lot of good as part of his hatzala work and in many other capacities.

The only consolation is that if the place you go to after death is anything like what he would want, he's having a roaring good time by now.

I'm really going to miss him, but I don't know if I can get to Monsey tomorrow for the levaya. Trying to find a ride now...

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:19 pm
The levaya will be at Hellmans Memorial Chapel
15 State St
Spring Valley, NY
Tomorrow at 11am

Aaron Ephraim ben Avraham David A'H
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed